The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV aerial sockets in Nuevo

5 posters

Go down

TV aerial sockets in Nuevo Empty TV aerial sockets in Nuevo

Post by Page Turner Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:40 pm

I know I’ve seen it said on here that it’s common to have a poor TV signal due to shoddy socket coaxial wiring. Our socket is mounted on the plinth at the right hand side of the microwave, and is sourced from the aerial that is wired down into the booster in the wardrobe on the opposite side of the van.  It’s hopeless! The signal is absolutely fine direct from the booster so it is either the socket or the cable behind it at fault.

Does anyone know which way the coaxial goes through from the booster to the socket (assume it’s under the floor?)

How can we get into the socket to try to improve the connection - could anyone give a simple guide to the steps needed please?  We assume it would involve removing the microwave, but would love to know if there’s a way of accessing the connection without doing that.

Any help appreciated - we’re currently watching Wimbledon with an aerial cable strung across the van like a washing line  hugegrins
Page Turner
Page Turner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

TV aerial sockets in Nuevo Empty Re: TV aerial sockets in Nuevo

Post by inspiredron Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:40 pm

As far as I remember the escutcheon around the socket panel just clicks off. Look for the screwdriver size slot at the side and gently prise it off. Underneath are the fixing screws which secure socket to side of microwave housing. Hopefully you will find a broken connection. You can als check continuity of the cable from amplifier to socket.
The cable will almost certainly go across roof, not Floor.

Last edited by inspiredron on Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added cable route)

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:12 pm

If you have more than one tv socket, they are all joined by T joints, but not behind the microwave, but in the locker above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Page Turner Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Thank you inspiredron and Casion - very useful to know.  Hubby has decided to have a go at things over the next week so I’ve let him know all that you’ve passed on.  He’s also going to put an extra power socket and mounting bracket at the second TV point at the cab end of the locker run.

He’s feeling confident thanks to your help so things should be much improved by our next trip.
Page Turner
Page Turner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 pm

I experienced some trouble and traced the problem to the short co-ax between the TV and wall socket.  Once I replaced it all was fine.  The co-ax sockets need to be a tight fit to reduce signal loss.  I nip mine with a long nose pair of pliers.  I agree with inspiredron - the internal co-ax cables are likely to be routed through the roof.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by AngB Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Hello
I have a 2007 Nuevo. Excuse my ignorance but if anybody has two mins please can you explain where I have a tv booster, if at all.
Is is fitted as standard?
Does it need to be switched on?
I just bought a Cello 22 inch tv but after tuning, although there are lots of channels, the picture is buffering/breaking up.
Thanks so much
Ang B
AngB
AngB

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Auto sleeper Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:25 am

If your van has a permanent roof top TV aerial it should also have an amplifier inside the van close to where the co-ax from the roof top aerial enters the roof.  On my Nuevo it is in the wardrobe and yes it must be turned on for a signal to reach the TV.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:52 pm

I had the same problem with my bourton,  turned out  that the factory fitted cable fine it was the cable from the socket  to the tv, replaced it now fine.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down