The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma cp plus panel

3 posters

Go down

Truma cp plus panel  Empty Truma cp plus panel

Post by Redboy Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:00 pm

After tying to reset Truma panel I have lost the menu and only got the clock and spanner  Truma say no power but fuses seem ok any suggestions would be helpful as I am away with no heating but more importantly no hot water thanks
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Truma cp plus panel  Empty Re: Truma cp plus panel

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Remove the CP panel by pulling off control knob. Undo screw. There are two plugs behind the panel, unplug for about a minute. Then reconnect and reassemble. Hopefully should fix. To see video check you tube , poshcats camping

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:54 pm

I have just checked the power 12v power to heater but does not seem to have any power there but fuse no 8 seems to be the heater one and than is good  and the battery fuse on the back of passenger seat is good any idea where else to look
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Check the black data cables are plugged in ok. I’m not saying this is your problem but if not connected correctly you get the clock and spanner on the CP.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:53 pm

Thanks for the help so far but still struggling to sort the lack off 12v supply to the Truma  combo heater if anyone one could help with wiring diagram or knows  where the power supply to heater comes from, I only have information that says fuse no 8 but that is good so stuck with no heating or hot water
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:42 am

I’m assuming you have the EC480 control panel switched on? If I remember, the Truma 12v is only supplied with the Sargent completely powered up.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:04 am

I don't use the inet box, Truma said I could just remove the power socket from it, which I have done and taped it up, you could try unplugging to see if this sorts it and plug it back in
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:50 am

Last edited by Bilbobaggins on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bilbobaggins
Bilbobaggins
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:33 pm

Sorry for not replying we are away camping with van the best we can,have unpluged the inet box and reconnected and spoken to Truma so said the box has no power so assume the power to run the menu comes from the data cable from heater  The fuse glass fuse in the top panel is good but there is no power at the 12v supply coming in to the heater but the fuse for heater if I have got the one (no8 in handbook) is ok  Not sure about reset button do I need something to push down the hole 
Thanks again for any help anyone has to offer
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 pm

have you tried holding the the control knob in and holding it for quite a few seconds, not sure, but, I believe this resets everything?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:21 pm

I have tried everything possible with the programmer knob without success and after speaking to Truma they think my problem is no power to heater and after testing there is no 12v supply to heater but I cannot establish where it comes from as the heater fuse is ok  I will try to contact AS tomorrow to see if they can help
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:59 am

Assuming you have an EC500, the main Truma unit 12v fuse is number 12 on my EC500 which corresponds to a wiring diagram I found online last year. The 12v to the Truma control panel was not on a separate fuse, it seems A/S just tap into a local 12v feed. It was the TV 12v socket on my van but the fridge cct on another members!

Truma cp plus panel  41720810
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:14 am

Thanks Dbvwt
Thanks for help and time sending the information and wiring diagram 
I have managed to speak to a very helpfull man at Autosleeper service centre today who informed me that the feed comes from the main box the EC 500 but I could not rely on the information in the handbook for the fuses and to remove and check all fuses  This did result in finding the blown fuse which I have now replaced and restored the 12v feed to the heater which means the menu is back on controller but still with fault codes 
However I have found a company that can test the fan assembly and main board and repair as required, so my plan is to send it too them tomorrow as after speaking to them on the phone they seem very knowledgeable about these heaters It is probably a fault with the fan but I am sending them the main board as well as I an keen to get the issue sorted for our next trip next week 
I will do a follow up to this sometime early next week hopefully with the results and any information I can give to any body else who may have similar problems 
Thanks again to people for your information and help when thing went wrong for us this weekend
Redboy
Redboy

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down