The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking

5 posters

Go down

Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking Empty Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking

Post by Keithgtech Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:43 pm

Hi , could someone advise if all the new burfords have had there hab door locking deactivated as I have been advised by the dealer of this .

Also can anyone advise me how long a warranty claim takes to be processed as I flagged  up a few problems the day after collection (middle of april ) and still dealer saying no reply from as. 
These defects are 
Damaged  blind (kitchen)
Front remis blind damage. 

All info would be appreciated.
Keithgtech
Keithgtech

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking Empty Re: Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking

Post by pagetheoracle Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:43 pm

I have a new  April 22 AS Malvern and can confirm ours has been deactivated. The merc cab doors are triggered by remote and the Hab door requires manual locking/unlocking. Interestingly, the Hab lock works counterintuitively I.e. turn clockwise to unlock. Furthermore I got a bag full of mini lock barrels in a draw when picking it up  so perhaps you can change all  Locks to receive one key.
pagetheoracle
pagetheoracle

Male

Auto-Sleeper : AS Malvern
Vehicle Year : New 2022

Back to top Go down

Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking Empty Re: Burford duo 2022 hab door central locking

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 am

Hi ,( my 2021 Burford Duo ) central locking is cab doors only. Hab' door is manual lock with a separate key. re: warranty claims , I bought mine in November and had a few issues to be sorted ( faulty wet locker locks, missing parts from fridge ). Still waiting for 1 part for the fridge . As far as I'm concerned the customer service from AS is not up to the standards I would expect in this day and age ; MUST TRY HARDER as the school reports would show.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:08 am

All the external lockers and hab door are on the same key in my 2011 Gloucester.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:29 am

The habitation doors are deactivated due to previous problem of having to open a cab door otherwise it automatically locks again if you didn't and therefore the danger of keys being locked inside.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Keithgtech Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:25 pm

I can't see why we can't be given the option of connected or not and if you get locked out its down to you.
Keithgtech
Keithgtech

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:47 pm

I thought the disconnection was to do with problems of incompatibility with the SAM module on the latest MB Sprinter models. All previous model Sprinter are connected.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Steedt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeDay Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:24 am

I have 21 reg duo and yes I have auto locking on my Hab door . Yes I have had and still got problems with the hab door locking itself and my panel warning me that my vehicle battery voltage is low after many many visits back to my dealer they told me that they are now disconnected the central locking from the hab door as a fix
Not happy with that answer we now have learnt how to stop the problem when on EHU we make sure that the vehicle battery is being charged on the front panel leave the solar and charger on Smart but tap the front screen to show v  and the locking performs as it should no sudden unexpected door lock hope this helps
MikeDay
MikeDay

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down