The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Advice

3 posters

Go down

Need Advice Empty Need Advice

Post by mcalid Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:01 am

I am really struggling with the electrics in my 2008 Nuevo EK.
In a nutshell, the leisure battery will not work although everything is fine when on EHU, the fridge will not function when driving and nothing works when off the mains.
I have checked all of the fuses as the MES tells me every one is blown but all are fine and I even checked the ones in the door frame and changed relays but all to no avail.
I am at my wit's end with this and although it will not stop me from planned trips as I could use freezer packs when travelling, I hope that someone has a suggestion which will save me from the tender mercy of a Main Dealer if I cannot fix it.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Need Advice Empty Re: Need Advice

Post by Roopert Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:42 am

It would probably be worth restating the background to the problem, as you did in one of your previous posts on this subject.

To paraphrase (and probably get it wrong) - the vehicle battery was flat, so you connected the van to EHU and then changed the charger setting on the MES panel from "Hab" to "Veh"? The result was a loud buzzing from the fuse panel and all of the fuses then showed as failed on the MES panel.

I suspect that this holds the clue. Is it possible that you had the ignition on when you made the switch from "Hab" to "Veh"?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

mcalid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Knick-Knack Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:25 pm

There's a big chunky fuse in the leisure battery enclosure which the MES panel, in its limited wisdom, might not know about.  Have you checked that one?

It might be that if that chunky fuse is blown, MES sees no power anywhere and therefore thinks (i i l w ) that all the fuses (that it knows about) are blown.

Nick.
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2009

mcalid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:43 pm

Roopert wrote:It would probably be worth restating the background to the problem, as you did in one of your previous posts on this subject.

To paraphrase (and probably get it wrong) - the vehicle battery was flat, so you connected the van to EHU and then changed the charger setting on the MES panel from "Hab" to "Veh"? The result was a loud buzzing from the fuse panel and all of the fuses then showed as failed on the MES panel.

I suspect that this holds the clue. Is it possible that you had the ignition on when you made the switch from "Hab" to "Veh"?
Thanks for the reply Roopert.
You make me question myself but I doubt that the ignition was on although it might be possible.
The battery wasn't completely flat but not enough charge to turn over the engine.
Since my original posting I have been away in the van and it is charging from the alternator with no problems but I had to disconnect my solar panel which feeds the leisure battery as it was showing 15volts, presumably as it had no work to do. It is steady at 12.5 now.
All systems are working on EHU so the fuse box and MES seem to be fine.
Cheers.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:49 pm

Knick-Knack wrote:There's a big chunky fuse in the leisure battery enclosure which the MES panel, in its limited wisdom, might not know about.  Have you checked that one?

It might be that if that chunky fuse is blown, MES sees no power anywhere and therefore thinks (i i l w ) that all the fuses (that it knows about) are blown.

Nick.
Hi Nick and thanks for the reply.
Good advice but I checked that fuse and it looked fine to me, this one really has me stumped as the vehicle battery charges fine from the alternator but will not run the fridge when I am travelling.
A trip to my dealer looks inevitable in the off-season now.
Cheers.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down