The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery Problems.

2 posters

Go down

Battery Problems. Empty Battery Problems.

Post by mcalid Thu 12 May 2022 - 0:17

I am having a problem with the electrics on my Nuevo 2008 with the MES controller.
It started when I tried to charge the vehicle battery when on EHU, when I pressed VEH on the MES a warning buzzer sounded from the fuse box in the wardrobe so I switched back to HAB and all went quiet.
I was away recently and everything was working perfectly on EHU but when I tried to change the fridge to gas when stopping for a few hours without EHU I found it didn't work and, to make things worse, the fridge had not been working on the battery setting when we were travelling.
It would appear to me that there is a break between the vehicle battery and the fuse box in the habitation as the vehicle battery charges from the alternator as it should but will not transfer power to the habitation.
I have checked all of the 30amp fuses and they seem to be fine but I wonder if I have managed to miss one somewhere.
The MES glows red and tells me that all of the fuses are blown but still everything is working on EHU.
Help!!!
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Battery Problems. Empty Re: Battery Problems.

Post by RML Thu 12 May 2022 - 7:23

I don't have a Nuevo but experienced the same with our van, in my case I found that a 20A fuse beside the vehicle battery had blown, just replaced it and everything came back. Someone with more knowledge will probably be along soon.  
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe

mcalid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Battery Problems. Empty Re: Battery Problems.

Post by mcalid Thu 12 May 2022 - 22:46

RML wrote:I don't have a Nuevo but experienced the same with our van, in my case I found that a 20A fuse beside the vehicle battery had blown, just replaced it and everything came back. Someone with more knowledge will probably be along soon.  
Rich..
Thanks Rich.
I haven't checked the battery bay yet due to pressure of work but I feel that it is something as simple as that.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down