The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servicing of Fiat motorhome

+10
RML
SENTINEL
Epicurus
Eltel
Richard G
rgermain
Caraman
Paulmold
PLOUGHLIN
richard smith
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Servicing of Fiat motorhome Empty Servicing of Fiat motorhome

Post by richard smith Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:52 am

Hi
I have a Corinium Duo with the new Fiat 9 Speed Auto Box. It has develop a problem that the cruise control keeps dropping out even on the flat on a motorway. The first dealer I took it to was a Fiat Professional Dealer who knew it was a motorhome, when booking it in for them to look at the problem, i was told we cant get the motorhome into the workshop, Great wasted journey. I live a small town call Westbury, Wiltshire. I asked AutoSleeper for help in finding a Garage that could help, to date no reply, even Fiat have no idea on a suitable garage. I have to travel a round trip of 170 mile to have the problem looked at. I am not new to having a motorhome. Something I have learnt from this experience to check first about garages that can handle motorhomes. PS still waiting for the problem to be solved.
Any thoughts why the cruise drops out would be appreciated as i can pass it on to the Fiat Professional Dealer the fault code is ECU P1541-22
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Servicing of Fiat motorhome Empty Re: Servicing of Fiat motorhome

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Any help?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or from what purports to be Fiat specific codes P1541 - Variable range / performance intake manifold control circuit from here

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Thank you had read that already, I have send comments about swarf in the oil causing the problem, i just have to wait and see as it under warrantee
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:08 pm

I'm amazed that a Fiat Professional garage can't fit in it, isn't that what Fiat Professional are supposed to do - goods vehicles?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:18 pm

That's what I thought, i have contacted a number of Fiat P D and they have said the same we can only handle cars, even campervan Fiat P D
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 pm

might be worth a try fairly close to you in Frome, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:50 pm

thank you for the suggestion they do not do Fiat, their branch in Gloucester does if only could get a reply from them.
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:39 pm

I can't help with your cruise problem but I had the same problem as you trying to find a Peugeot dealer/workshop that took Boxer motorhomes near Salisbury.  After some research I found 3 and have been to all 3 but they are each about an an hour away.  Peugeot UK gave me a list but it wasn't accurate.  I wonder if you have tried Fiat UK?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:42 am

Caraman wrote:I can't help with your cruise problem but I had the same problem as you trying to find a Peugeot dealer/workshop that took Boxer motorhomes near Salisbury.  After some research I found 3 and have been to all 3 but they are each about an an hour away.  Peugeot UK gave me a list but it wasn't accurate.  I wonder if you have tried Fiat UK?
Did you try Hamble Motors, now called Snows? Also half an hour from me but that's the way if goes, VW was an hour from me when I had the Topaz.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am

Hi
I have tried using the Fiat web site to find a garage that can look after my motorhome, after contacting the ones in my area only three can help me, Southampton, Gloucester and Reading, I also found the Fiat list very unhelpful, even though they mention Campervans.
Our previous motorhome was Peugeot and the dealer in Trowbridge was just excellent in all respects 
thanks for your comment
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 am

I took mine to a Fiat Professional for warranty repair at Kidlington Motor Park recently they fixed it ok, i can look up details if you like

RG
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:21 pm

Looks like the fiat cruise control fault is not a one-off. This posted on outandaboutlive..

"Fiat 2.4 ducato, registered sept 2021.

This morning switched on cruise control, it came up on the dashboard then it immediately changed to Cuise control off and the cruise stalk stopped working. Switch off engine and it would go through the same cycle.

It’s a pain that cruise doesn’t work but everything else seems ok.

Has anybody else come across this problem and is there any easy fix.

I can get booked into a Fiat professional agent but not until late April so an earlier fix would save my right leg."

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:21 pm

rgermain wrote:
Caraman wrote:I can't help with your cruise problem but I had the same problem as you trying to find a Peugeot dealer/workshop that took Boxer motorhomes near Salisbury.  After some research I found 3 and have been to all 3 but they are each about an an hour away.  Peugeot UK gave me a list but it wasn't accurate.  I wonder if you have tried Fiat UK?
Did you try Hamble Motors, now called Snows? Also half an hour from me but that's the way if goes, VW was an hour from me when I had the Topaz.
----------
Richard
Hamble Motors (Snows) is one of the 3 Peugeot dealers I have taken my motorhome to.  Their website suggests they cover Fiat as well.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, have tried using the Fiat Professional list, a lot cannot handle motorhomes only van/cars. now with HTC Reading trying to solve the cruise control problem.
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:55 am

My last two motorhomes were based were on Fiats

A long shot I know, but whenever I went for a service I noticed they serviced all the local ambulances.

May be worth checking who services your local ambulances.

As I say it’s a long shot.
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by richard smith Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:25 am

Good suggestion. Picking up motorhome cant find the problem to cruise dropping and Fiat have no suggestion to the problem m, great help from Fiat considering its only done just over 2500 miles and 7 month old.
richard smith
richard smith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Epicurus Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:33 pm

What I've found since buying my Fiat based Auto Sleeper is that the Fiat professional website doesn't really discriminate between van and car dealers.  It lists all my local Fiat car dealers who have no chance fitting in an XL Ducato with all the trimmings.  A few dealers told me they've been unable to get Fiat to remove them from the list...

It doesn't help you in Wiltshire, but ultimately I did find one Fiat car dealer in Kent that can just squeeze my Fairford Plus into their workshop and they've proven very helpful for both routine servicing and warranty work.  Incredibly they even washed the van inside and out for me as part of the service!

So I would suggest the limiting factor is workshop access and size, including ramp capacities.  You might have luck ringing round a few more of the listed dealers...
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford Plus
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:38 am

Epicurus wrote:What I've found since buying my Fiat based Auto Sleeper is that the Fiat professional website doesn't really discriminate between van and car dealers.  It lists all my local Fiat car dealers who have no chance fitting in an XL Ducato with all the trimmings. 
We found much the same situation for Peugeot based AS. There seems to be no actual checks made on what facilities, vehicle sizes etc are available at the respective dealers! Lots of ringing around with disappointing results!
We did find a fairly local, to us, independent AWS who can carry out all work as and when required, but not sure how it would work with vehicle warranty in the initial period.
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:10 am

SENTINEL wrote:
Epicurus wrote:What I've found since buying my Fiat based Auto Sleeper is that the Fiat professional website doesn't really discriminate between van and car dealers.  It lists all my local Fiat car dealers who have no chance fitting in an XL Ducato with all the trimmings. 
We found much the same situation for Peugeot based AS. There seems to be no actual checks made on what facilities, vehicle sizes etc are available at the respective dealers! Lots of ringing around with disappointing results!
We did find a fairly local, to us, independent AWS who can carry out all work as and when required, but not sure how it would work with vehicle warranty in the initial period.
This problem seems pretty universal.  When my Nuevo was handed over to me they pointed out a fault on the dash - a flashing odometer.  Little did I know that I would have to make a 2 hour round trip to find a dealer to get it rectified.  A few months later I couldn't open the bonnet so another 2 hour round trip to a different dealer who also carried out a safety recall check.  Then a third 2 hour round trip to have the TPMS adjusted.  Largely because of this we settled on a local independent for our first service but they don't do warranty or safety recall work.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:08 pm

richard smith wrote:Thank you for the suggestions, have tried using the Fiat Professional list, a lot cannot handle motorhomes only van/cars. now with HTC Reading trying to solve the cruise control problem.
Looks like you're sorted now but I use this Fiat dealer and they can accommodate up to an A class motorhome. 
Huttons Ltd
01934 812244
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:35 pm

I must be lucky with my Peugeot based van (although originally I tried to buy an automatic Fiat based Symbol but just missed it). There is a Peugeot main dealer 2 miles from me and another one 12 miles from me who both have the facilities to service motorhomes. I must admit, I didn’t give it any thought before purchase, though. I just assumed it wouldn’t be a problem.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:39 pm

This sounds to me very much like a case of "We don't get paid much by Fiat for warranty work so we are going to use the excuse that we don't do motorhomes to avoid doing it". I have come across this with motorcycles. I can understand why some garages won't do motorhomes because their ramps won't take them, their ceilings are too low and they need to work underneath. However that cannot be the case if it is in fact just reprogramming of the ecu, which is what this sounds like. They could do a reprogram with the vehicle on the ground, and even outside in the rain if they wanted to. It is simply a matter of hooking up the vehicle to a computer and connecting it to Fiat's computer and downloading the new software. I am (perhaps too innocently) assuming that Fiat have solved the issue by now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:34 pm

Pressed 'send' in error

Last edited by gassygassy on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pressed 'send' in error)
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Servicing of Fiat motorhome Empty Italian Electrics (Cruise Control)

Post by Phoboff Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:12 pm

I feel sorry for you and we have all been there. The FIAT dealers are a lousy bunch. They could walk out into the yard and could quickly verify your cheap nasty plastic Italian brake light switch on the brake pedal actuator has cracked filled with water fallen apart . It is the crucial element in the cruise control circuit. I gave up on anything Italian. A £15,000 Ducati motorbike is just the same. They leave you stranded in the wet,at night in the middle of nowhere. All down to rubbish electrical components like crank sensors throttle sensors camshaft position sensors. Magneti Marrelli the Italian successor to Joseph Lucas Prince of Darkness.
Phoboff
Phoboff

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Servicing of Fiat motorhome Empty Italian Electrics (Cruise Control)

Post by Phoboff Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:04 pm

I feel sorry for you and we have all been there. The FIAT dealers are a lousy bunch. They could walk out into the yard and could quickly verify your cheap nasty plastic Italian brake light switch on the brake pedal actuator has cracked filled with water fallen apart . It is the crucial element in the cruise control circuit. I gave up on anything Italian. A £15,000 Ducati motorbike is just the same. They leave you stranded in the wet,at night in the middle of nowhere. All down to rubbish electrical components like crank sensors throttle sensors camshaft position sensors. Magneti Marrelli the Italian successor to Joseph Lucas Prince of Darkness.
Phoboff
Phoboff

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next