The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

decals

5 posters

Go down

decals  Empty decals

Post by marysue Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Hi, Has anyone ever removed the stripes etc on their motorhome I have a 2000 VW  Autosleeper Topaz, it is in excellent condition inside but the decals on the exterior are peeling off in places and very weathered in others, would it be easy to remove all and how would I do it?
marysue
marysue

Female

Auto-Sleeper : topaz
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

decals  Empty Re: decals

Post by Roopert Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:10 pm

There has been some variation over the years in how A/S applied the stripes. At around that time I don't think it was unusual for them to spray the centre (often metallic green) strip, and then apply vinyl stripes on either side. If yours is like that then warming the vinyl with a hairdryer should make it easier to get them off - but you may still be left with the centre band.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

marysue likes this post

Back to top Go down

decals  Empty Decals

Post by janian Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:38 pm

marysue wrote:Hi, Has anyone ever removed the stripes etc on their motorhome I have a 2000 VW  Autosleeper Topaz, it is in excellent condition inside but the decals on the exterior are peeling off in places and very weathered in others, would it be easy to remove all and how would I do it?
I removed all mine a few years ago, from a Duetto. I used a hairdryer to get the bulk off but was left with a sticky residue in places. After much blood sweat tears and swearing, I found that good old WD40 removed the residue far better than any other glue removal substance. I then replaced them with new stripes and if I say so myself, it looked really nice. Took quite a while to do however, but worth it.
janian
janian

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbyd Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:07 am

Hello I have had the decals replaced by a local graphic company but when they tried to remove the originals the paint started to come off as well. So they advised to replace the new ones over the original decals.
bobbyd
bobbyd

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : VW T5 Topaz Automati
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Peem Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 am

I recently replaced the decals on my 2002 Nuevo, I used this rubber wheel, fast and clean.
Frienda Wheel Decal Eraser 4 Inch 20 mm Rubber Eraser Wheel Decal Removal Eraser Wheel Tool Kit for Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, Decals, Removing Vinyl Stickers £10.99 from Amazon.
Peem
Peem

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down