The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to booking C&CC meets

+2
Paulmold
Bobskate
6 posters

Go down

Changes to booking C&CC meets Empty Changes to booking C&CC meets

Post by Bobskate Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:04 am

Have I missed something? I’ve just had the latest copy of the C&CC mag land on the doormat. In order to get away from relentless bad news on TV and the dull weather I decided to thumb through the Out and About supplement to see what temporary holiday sites are being arranged for 2022. A good way to lift the spirits! I have been to many holiday meets over the years. With a very few exceptions you just turn up without booking. There is always space. 
However, in the supplement, you will find inset a number of reminders to say that you must contact the event organisers to book a space. When did this requirement come into place? Does anybody know? Did I nod off and miss it?
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Changes to booking C&CC meets Empty Re: Changes to booking C&CC meets

Post by Paulmold Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:46 am

I hadn't noticed it in their 'rules' before but I know a lot required pre-booking this year. We used a couple this year, one or two wanted pre-booking and I rang to do so only to be told 'just give us a call the day you want to arrive just to check' and the others although no mention of pre-booking I rang anyway to make sure there was room. Many in the new list make no mention of booking but I will ring ahead of arriving. There are some that require booking using a form off the DA website, those I simply won't use as I don't want to be tied down to arrival date.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:16 am

As stated THS’s pre covid were generally just turn up meets. Since covid it has been common to book for many reasons such as limited space due to larger pitching for social distanceing and not having to handle money as examples. Many DA’s are returning to just turn up next year. However, due to the increase in potential numbers caused by popularity of camping at present ,some THS sites whilst small and never got over attended pre covid are protecting from over attendance by booking the meet.This has led to seeing some open to all and a few booked meets.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:21 pm

We used THS a lot his year and just rang on the day to check for space. I think I remember one site telling me about the pre-booking but it wasn't enforced as they had spaces.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeves Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:44 am

Surely it is good manners to notify your arrival date/time. The organisers have to do a lot of planning and preparation, so the event will be much more enjoyable for people attending if the those managing the event have full prior knowledge of the attendees.
Greeves
Greeves

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 am

Greeves wrote:Surely it is good manners to notify your arrival date/time. The organisers have to do a lot of planning and preparation, so the event will be much more enjoyable for people attending if the those managing the event have full prior knowledge of the attendees.
I don’t disagree with what you say about a lot of planning etc but my point was that in the past they have specifically said “no need to book”. I’ve been on meets in the past with enormous camping areas with virtually limitless space. Whether you tell them of your arrival in advance or not makes no difference. The only exception being that if, due to unforeseen circumstances,  you will be arriving late in the evening.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:34 am

Yes, what Bob said.

We were once asked not to phone and check in future, since the organiser didn't want to be pestered by endless phone calls from everyone who wanted to attend, when it specifically said, "No prior booking necessary".

I guess they know what they are doing, so I do as I'm told now!  Whistle1
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:46 am

Gromit wrote:We were once asked not to phone and check in future, since the organiser didn't want to be pestered by endless phone calls from everyone who wanted to attend, when it specifically said, "No prior booking necessary".

I guess they know what they are doing, so I do as I'm told now!  Whistle1
Exactly. I do as I am told as well! Good lesson for life really 😀😀😀
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down