The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking

+4
MrsCC
john simm
Tony F
Paulmold
8 posters

Go down

Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking Empty Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking

Post by Paulmold Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 am

This was briefly mentioned in another thread but how many members are finding the on-line booking system of the C&CC appalling since they revamped their website?

I wanted to book somewhere for February so I looked at the site and went through the following process -

Clicked on 'Club Sites', found link for 'sites open all year round', looked there and found 'sites with extended opening' and found Ravenglas site opens on Feb 1st, clicked on site, then clicked on 'book site', entered dates of 19 to 25 Feb (6 nights), filled in rest of info (this is a chore compared with previous website, the new one is supposed to be an improvement) and get to 'book this site' and what comes up?
'You cannot book this site as minimum stay is 2 nights' ( I want 6 )
Above line repeated 4 times
'You cannot book this site on-line' ( why give me a 'book this site' button when looking at the site's details?)

I thought perhaps the system was not aware that Ravensglas opens early so for interest I changed the dates to July and got exactly the same answers.

This rubbish site has now been in existence for over 2 months and despite complaining again and again there seems to be no corrective activity happening. There was a sort of apology in the lastest magazine and in the Q and A section of the website but how long does it take to sort a website?
The CC site is a doddle by comparison so I've booked Burrs Country Park of the CC instead.

Who else is finding it frustrating?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking Empty Re: Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking

Post by Tony F Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Paulmold wrote:Who else is finding it frustrating?

Me, me me!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

And the people who run the CCC site I use most regularly!! I book direct with them by phone these days.

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking Empty Re: Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking

Post by john simm Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Ive not actually booked since the site changed over but we like to browse diferent areas before we decide on booking so its a lot of messing around putting in dates and van dimensions before you can even get any results. much prefer a similar setup to that of campsiteuk where you just click on an area of the map then take it from there. I hope they improve it soon but i fear changes will only be made when they perceive bookings are down due to the complexity of the new system.
john simm
john simm

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

So glad it's not just me, but then I know it isn't as many complaints have been made on other forums.
Before Christmas when I was browsing for ideas of where to go this year I had a problem with the site and kept getting the 'oops there is a problem' message (so nice and jolly and friendly but after a while very frustrating) so I rang the club. The booking staff were already used to complaints back then and suggested I speak to 'customer services' which they put me through to. I then spent over half an hour with them going through the same procedure I had tried with them sat in front of their screens and me talking them through it and they came up with 'thats another thing to tell the IT boys about'. The IT boys need sacking and a professional website design team brought in. Copying the CC site would be a great improvement, simple with calendars, no length, width and even height (yes thats needed as well if you ever get through to the final booking page) to enter and available date charts as the old C&CC site did. Old adage applies - 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Paulmold wrote: how many members are finding the on-line booking system of the C&CC appalling since they revamped their website?

Hi Paulmold - I agree entirely with you - I am so frustrated by the site (especially as CC leaves me to do all the bookings Whistle1 ) that we have joined the caravan club and its currently under debate whether we will be renewing our C&CC membership. The on-line booking system is a real nightmare - who ever thinks up these changes want to be sacked? It was working fine last year so why change it! scratch head

Be interesting to hear from others their thoughts content

MrsCC

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't like it. shrugg

It seems other members don't like it. confused3

The site managers certainly don't like it.

So if it's not broke ...........

I have sent an email to HQ expressing my strong reservations about this new "improved" system.

I would urge others to do the same. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 pm

orian wrote:I don't like it. shrugg

It seems other members don't like it. confused3

The site managers certainly don't like it.

So if it's not broke ...........

I have sent an email to HQ expressing my strong reservations about this new "improved" system.

I would urge others to do the same. allthumbz

Will do Bob up!

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:54 pm

I've complained a couple of times and got a fairly patronising response both times. They will "listen" to complaints but I doubt that significant changes will be made. I was told that the changes were to improve efficiency............

Awful system - made for the benefit of us -ahem- club members
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 am

DuxDeluxe wrote:I've complained a couple of times and got a fairly patronising response both times. They will "listen" to complaints but I doubt that significant changes will be made. I was told that the changes were to improve efficiency............

Awful system - made for the benefit of us -ahem- club members

Perhaps when membership numbers decrease and members start by passing the website booking system we might see less "patronising" and a bit more response to members concerns. fedup There I feel better already. rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 am

Well, thhe more people that complain constructively, the more chance of something happening. I think that they know that they have screwed up but are stuck with a new and expensive IT system that doesn't work. They will keep tinkering with it and the IT company makes a fortune in extras....... Whoever wrote it or indeed whoever scoped it knew nothing about camping and caravanning in the real world from the user's point of view.
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

I agree with you DuxDeluxe up! but sometimes you just have to count your loses and start again................expensive as it may be. If C&CC dont do something quick about the site then they will lose quiet a bit of income if people vote with "their feet" so to speak and dont renew memberships quick_run

Its such a shame C&CC changed the site at all scratch head it was realy good and helped us tremendouly with where to go and stay, as Orian said "if its not broke". Now The Caravan Club gets my vote with an eay to use site allthumbz

MrsCC

Last edited by MrsCC on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Camping & Caravanning Club on-line booking Empty ccc booking fiasco

Post by padraigpost Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi,
I also have found the new "Booking"system a complete waste of time, I have also complained twice about it and without receiving a satisfactory answer have now made all my bookings with Caravan club whose booking system could not be easier, when my ccc membership comes up for renewal I will not be renewing. I agree that the idiot that designed this system should be sacked.
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down