The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air lock in fesh water system

3 posters

Go down

Air lock in fesh water system Empty Air lock in fesh water system

Post by Alan R Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Had a few moments getting frustrated with the built-in water pump on my Broadway 2013 FB after I let it run out.  tried all the usuals, opening taps starting at furthest etc. Pump just ran continuously and no water .  Left pump running for 5 mins, tried every hour - no joy. Ran the vehicle round the storage yard - nothing. Then had a brianwave. Got a wet/dry vacuum cleaner in workshop so stuffed that on the end of the shower hose to start with.  Water definitely gurgling but not enough. Went to nearest point - the kitchen, switched on the pump and tap and held the hoover nozzle hard up against the tap end. After about 3 mins. felt cold around the tap - checked, and hey presto water running again.  Syphoning by mouth didn't work so next time give the hoover a try !  Lesson learned. Don't drive with an empty tank.
Alan R
Alan R

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

mcalid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Air lock in fesh water system Empty Re: Air lock in fesh water system

Post by Cath Dawson Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:01 pm

We had the same problem when we had filled our fresh water tank and then opened the taps to try to pump the water through.  The pump just ran continuously. We worked out that we need to open all the taps BEFORE filling the empty fresh water tank. Our theory is that filling with the taps open "pushes the airlock out".  Not very scientific.....  but seemed to do the trick. Will bear in mind the hoover method, though!
Cath Dawson
Cath Dawson

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Air lock in fesh water system Empty Re: Air lock in fesh water system

Post by rgermain Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Many of us had this problem, in our views the only way forward is to fit a Shurflo, other makes are available, pump.

I can leave our van on the drive for a week and switch the pump on, nothing until I turn on a tap and bingo we have air free water flow. No priming, no operation of the pump due to pressure loss, never looked back.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum