The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lithium Battery

+4
DavidinDevon
Kevinktwo
Molly3
Lefty
8 posters

Go down

Lithium Battery Empty Lithium Battery

Post by Lefty Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:19 pm

I am asking how AutoSleeper owners of MY21 with Lithium Batteries are getting on, and if any issues have arisen.
Lefty
Lefty

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Lithium Battery Empty Re: Lithium Battery

Post by Molly3 Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am

No replies  must be perfik
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:31 am

Sounds good then, I think?
Lefty
Lefty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinktwo Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:02 pm

mm - not bad and not good, if stayovers with EHU all the time are the way you use your van the 60amp supplied is fine but IMO overkill expense-wise. If you use your van off-grid not so good, 60 amp is too small, and Autosleeper have not fitted the supporting electrics to fully take advantage of Lithium properties, ie the batteries can take a 50 amp-hour charge, the alternator can supply it, however, the cabling and B2B can't, it is on a 20 amp fuse and I would say it charges considerably slower than that. Same when you are on hook up the system does not allow for fast charging. The electrical system does not cope with solar above 180w. I asked to have a second 60ah battery fitted, Autosleeper emailed to say that a second battery would blow the fuse or melt the wiring, eventually after playing the not fit-for-purpose card they allow me to have an upgrade to a 100ah battery at my cost. However, the present system is a bit of a dead-end if you want to upgrade your electrical capacity as you will have to bypass the Sargent system and take the fall out on your warranty.
Kevinktwo
Kevinktwo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Thanks for the update, i have requested the 100ah to be fitted to my Burford Duo.
Lefty
Lefty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidinDevon Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:57 pm

We've been very pleased with the Li battery on our new Broadway.  Well, we were once the dealer managed to connect the circuitry for charging it via solar and hookup!
DavidinDevon
DavidinDevon
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:26 pm

So far so good on our 2021 Neuvo -
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm

DavidinDevon and Neuvobluebird, do you tend to use EHU or camp off grid?

No particular reason for asking other than interest from someone who camps off grid 75% of the time and is interested how lithium batteries perform.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Dbvwt wrote:DavidinDevon and Neuvobluebird, do you tend to use EHU or camp off grid?

No particular reason for asking other than interest from someone who camps off grid 75% of the time and is interested how lithium batteries perform.
Yes David, we need to make sure as they cost £600+ confused3
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:26 pm

And I was miffed at paying £115 for a new leisure battery that was less than 3 years old a few weeks back Richard smile!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:58 pm

Dbvwt wrote:And I was miffed at paying £115 for a new leisure battery that was less than 3 years old a few weeks back Richard smile!
Been there, done that at 18mths old from buying the van. Fingers crossed it is still doing well after 4 yrs. smile! EC 500 bypassed!
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidinDevon Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:05 pm

rgermain wrote:
Dbvwt wrote:DavidinDevon and Neuvobluebird, do you tend to use EHU or camp off grid?

---------
Richard
Sorry we have only been off grid for 24 hours, so not much experience. We only had the pump, lights, cooker igniter, electric step and phone taking any current. The pump took about 3A and the rest were minimal.  The solar panel has provided 0.2 to 4A according how sunny it is.  So the Li battery stayed well topped up for that short period.
DavidinDevon
DavidinDevon
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:17 am

DavidinDevon wrote:
rgermain wrote:

---------
Richard
Sorry we have only been off grid for 24 hours, so not much experience. We only had the pump, lights, cooker igniter, electric step and phone taking any current. The pump took about 3A and the rest were minimal.  The solar panel has provided 0.2 to 4A according how sunny it is.  So the Li battery stayed well topped up for that short period.
Thanks, same as our old fashioned lead acid battery now 4.5 years old. Will last all the time we are off grid, on bright days. 120w solar,  Sargent  turned on, but solar controller decommissioned and now via MTTP smile!  
--------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tedsbus Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi Lefty, had ours 4 weeks done 2 trips over 700 miles all seemed ok not used van for 2 weeks since , nothing other than Truma i net ( which we wont be using ) drawing 12v power, as far as i know ? has a call from AS Monitor last night to advise leisure battery voltage dropped to 0.6 volts !! Been out today 50 mile trip everything seems to work ok for now on 12v , monitor on panel showing 12.8 volts after trip. I have 2 Classic Motorcycles that both have Lithium batteries fitted and use only now and again they both show 13.2 to 13.5 static voltage, i would have thought the Motorhome battery should show similar static results as its more powerful will be keeping an eye on it now. By the way spoke to Autosleeper before i bought the van as my previous van, Warwick, was always on mains when not used , they advised not to keep the Lithium battery on mains when not in use ??   scratch head
tedsbus
tedsbus

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:26 pm

Have just read on the Autosleepers Nuevo facebook page someone who had experienced similar problems to tedbus on an Anniversary Neuvo and received calls from their tracker company. They had been advised that As had received a  batch of lithium batteries that were faulty and had management systems that cut out at too high a voltage. They had their battery replaced which seemed to rectify the problem.
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum