The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batteries on Ford Eton Autosleeper

3 posters

Go down

Batteries on Ford Eton Autosleeper Empty Batteries on Ford Eton Autosleeper

Post by Petrov3 Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi All this is my first post as a Newbie and hope someone can help as I'm  non technical. I'd  like to know where the batteries are located in my recently purchased motor home. I think one battery is below the drivers seat but is it the vehicle battery or leisure battery? Also where is the other battery(I think there maybe one under the drivers side bench seat.) Finally is it wise to add a second leisure battery if I intend to wild camp quite a bit? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Petrov3
Petrov3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ford Eton Autosleep
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Batteries on Ford Eton Autosleeper Empty Re: Batteries on Ford Eton Autosleeper

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Hi,

The vehicle battery is under the drivers seat, there is a positive terminal under the bonnet for jump leads. The leisure battery is under the bench to the front also on the drivers side, at least they were on mine.

Marko
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Welcome Petrov.

If you are thinking of doing a lot of wild camping then I would seriously think about getting a solar panel fitted on the roof.
This is my first van that has a solar panel and it has taken pretty much all the stress away that I used to have in managing the battery if camping off grid for more than a day.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 am

Your van is a Mk7 Transit which was fitted with 2 batteries by Ford. One is a Starter battery and the other anAuxilliaty battery which powers stuff like memories.   There should be a Leisure battery fitted by AS under one of the habitation seats. As Dbvwt suggests you would be wise to fit a solar panel along with a battery master which will regulate the solar charge between the leisure and starter batteries.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Petrov3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrov3 Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Thanks for that. Is there a split relay charger connecting the  Ford batteries and my leisure battery to help boost it?
Petrov3
Petrov3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ford Eton Autosleep
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down