The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milenco mirror protectors stolen

3 posters

Go down

Milenco mirror protectors stolen Empty Milenco mirror protectors stolen

Post by ExRacingRat Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:40 am

I posted about this on a FB group about a week ago and one reply thanked me for highlighting it so I thought I would mention it here too. I'm currently keeping my van on the driveway of my mothers house but I live elsewhere. About 3 weeks ago I fitted a set of the black Milenco short arm mirror protectors to my van. On returning to my van a couple of weeks later I found that some tight fisted lowlife scumbag had spotted the covers, walked up the driveway, uncrewed the covers and stole them. It never occured to me, although it should in this world now, that they would be stolen when I fitted them. The only thing I can think of if I replace them is to countersink the screw heads so they can't be unscrewed. I probably won't bother replacing them though, they're expensive for what they are at around £70, but to nick them, seriously!?!? Has anyone else experienced this? Nobody on the FB group has said it has happened to them. At the time it put me on a real downer for a few days, not for the cost but for sad and disheartening fact it happened at all.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2016

Boots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Milenco mirror protectors stolen Empty Re: Milenco mirror protectors stolen

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:52 pm

I commented on your FB post that your covers were black and therefore surprised that they even noticed. I have white ones, much more noticeable, so I'll just have to keep an eye on them. Mirror guards , although much stronger are only attached by adhesive pad, at least the Milenco have a screwed fastening.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

ExRacingRat and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down

Milenco mirror protectors stolen Empty Re: Milenco mirror protectors stolen

Post by RML Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:34 pm

I would think twice before replacing them. Your van is not much wider than a car and it's possible to lower the window and pull them in - this is worth practicing - quite quickly.  My van is about 50mm wider and I find I don't need them.  
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

ExRacingRat and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down