The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton 2020 checks at handover

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bourton 2020 checks at handover - Page 2 Empty Re: Bourton 2020 checks at handover

Post by IanH Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Widget wrote:Hi Ian, thanks for the advice. At the risk of sounding Stupid confused3 Why would I do that? Whats your thinking? Isn't the weight the weight in the brochure?
First motorhome and eager to learn, thanks.
Cynical perhaps......

Weight from weighbridge with known contents as suggested............accurate!
Weight from anywhere else, especially the brochure, a work of fiction based on inaccurate guesses, IMHO!

Oh, and BTW my weighbridge makes no charge for their print -outs, no scribbled note here! up! up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : AS Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bourton 2020 checks at handover - Page 2 Empty Re: Bourton 2020 checks at handover

Post by wilksy Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Check the screen on the control panel above the door, its only held on with double sided tape, if its pushed too hard/much it could fall through into the unit - mine has already see my post for a picture, plus Auto Sleeper have changed the blinds to "privacy blinds" up until yesterday afternoon there website said concertina blinds I got the cheap looking privacy ones
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Check all windows and vents for cracks  around  locks and fittings .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Bourton 2020 checks at handover - Page 2 Empty It's arrived.

Post by Widget Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 am

So, after some delays ( mine not the dealer ) i got to collect my Bourton and drive it home.
Hand over went well and thanks to you I was well prepared and as there was water in the tank and I guess half a tank of gas I could see everything ( except hot water ) working. Went fully through the control panel. Can't believe it is only held in place with double sided tape on a product which is so Expensive!. In short all worked.
Had a great drive home. No weighbridge, unfortunately, but I will do that at some point. 
Once on the drive and after some oohs and ahs from the family I hooked her up.
ERROR . Warning on the truma unit, nearly was a trauma... but after a few minutes it disappeared. Everything up and running including hot water really fast. Much less faffing around than the caravan.
So, so far so good. I am very happy. Our maiden voyage to Cornwall was cancelled due to issues at work but we got into a site in Devon later this week for our first camp. Very excited.. biggrin

Thanks all. I will post some pics later.
Widget
Widget

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Widget
Widget

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON

Davo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:46 am

It looks a cracker. The Bourton is my favourite of the coachbuilt range.

Enjoy!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo MQ

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Lovely looking van, you must be chuffed!

If that's your usual parking spot, I assume you're going to trim back those branches that are touching it otherwise they'll scuff the gelcoat finish over time.  

Wouldn't want anything to spoil it!

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Widget wrote: Went fully through the control panel. Can't believe it is only held in place with double sided tape on a product which is so Expensive!. In short all worked.
I have just spoken with Sargent, the screen does not leave them stuck on with tape, they sent me a picture of how it leaves them and it has a proper frame around it which the screen clips into from the front so it can't be pushed forward, Auto Sleeper remount it in their above door frame with double sided tape.

My dealer has confirmed they would just apply more tape if I return it to them so I'm going to sort it out properly myself - unbelievable on a product that costs this sort of money and claimed to be the best of British made motorhomes.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm

I agree, that’s unforgivable to use double-sided tape as a fixing method. You would have thought that after all the problems Sargent’s EC700 screen has presented AS, they would want to ensure it wasn’t going to fall off the bulkhead. They’re clearly out of touch with just how potholed our roads are! Talking of which, check the fixing of the microwave, as that’s another weakness ready to be exploited by a pothole. If a British pothole doesn’t do it, you’ll find that Belgian motorway surfaces will find a way.

You’re right to want to fix the screen properly. If it falls off and gets damaged your holiday will end abruptly. It controls most of the habitation systems so is mission critical. I think I’d be looking at a suitable stainless steel profile that frames and traps the screen edges, fixed to the surface behind. Worth getting the detail right so it looks and feels like a factory fit.

It’s a example of how many of us have to “tweak” our vans to achieve the detailing that we might have expected from the supplier. Once you’ve come to terms with it I’ve no doubt you’ll thoroughly enjoy not just the van but also the task of keeping it up together. Despite the above they are still among the best in the UK.

Enjoy your shakedown trip.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Davo Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Glad you are pleased with your new Bourton keep us informed how you get on with it. We pick our new Bourton up in August 🤞🏻So will be interested to see how you get on.
Davo
Davo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi
   Reading about your screen mounting problem,why not complain to Autosleeper and ask for the mounting that Sargent supplied, or ask Sargent to supply one direct if it is suitable
Regards Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Burstner Lyseo M Har

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 am

gemdeco wrote:Hi
   Reading about your screen mounting problem,why not complain to Autosleeper and ask for the mounting that Sargent supplied, or ask Sargent to supply one direct if it is suitable
Regards Alan
I have tried to speak with Auto Sleeper regarding this and other issues, they eventually sent me an email saying that I had to take the issues up with the dealer, don't think I would buy an Auto Sleeper again I probably should have waited a few more years until I could then afford something more premium.

Its been a very disappointing experience all in all, some of it Covid related but most of it down to the supplying dealer and the response from Auto Sleeper and I haven't even been anywhere yet. 

I don't think for one minute I will be the only one with the screen mounting issue, I suspect the heat over the last week or two was contributory to the failure of the tape, which appears to be just a cheap paper backed product instead of decent 3M Automotive tape which is used widely in the Automotive sector on badges etc.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum