The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

handover.

3 posters

Go down

handover. Empty handover.

Post by doog1948 Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:22 pm

after purchasing the van in Jan it was ours yesterday! the handover or look and learn was 2 hours of mind blowing! James our teaching engineer seemed to know his stuff. just a pity i couldn't keep my brain in gear long enough to absorb the technical details, especially with regard to the control panel! to most of you this is probably childs play. to me it needed a child to fathom it. i think another trip to the dealer is on the cards! winks happy days.
doog1948
doog1948

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ek plus nuevo auto
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

handover. Empty Re: handover.

Post by RML Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:38 pm

You could take your phone and film/record anything technical but there's lots of knowledge here and on YouTube.  I would ask for a walkthrough imagining you have just pulled onto a site for the first time, then what to do when you leave. Good luck. 
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

doog1948 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doog1948 Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:12 pm

i'm afraid technology and me are in different time zones. i was ok with an Instamatic but a smart phone is  beyond me! oh for a box brownie.
doog1948
doog1948

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ek plus nuevo auto
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:10 pm

The tech in new vans can be overwhelming. The 3 videos below may help, as you can view them at your own pace and refer back to them. I don’t know if your new Nuevo has Truma or Whale systems for heating and hot water so have included both. YouTube is a great resource for user guide and fault finding video clips.

AS have some “how to” video clips on their website that may be helpful but I’m not up to date on what they include.

I keep soft copies on my iPad of all the operating guides for the fitted equipment in our van. I find them easier to interrogate in this form than paper copies, particularly if searching to resolve a fault.

Enjoy your new van, the learning curve will feel less steep the more you use it.

Tim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

doog1948 likes this post

Back to top Go down