The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporters outside No.10

5 posters

Go down

Reporters outside No.10 Empty Reporters outside No.10

Post by Paulmold Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Why, why ,why do reporters always shout out questions at the PM whenever he exits the door. No PM ever answers the questions shouted out so why do the reporters waste their time, it only makes them look stupid as no PM would reply to them before speaking to the house of commons or the cabinet. For example tonight the question ' is a deal on the menu tonight' as Boris leaves for dinner to work out a Brexit deal. Why would he discuss such a thing with a reporter?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Bobskate, IanH and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Reporters outside No.10 Empty Re: Reporters outside No.10

Post by Roopert Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 pm

I think I know the answer to this (or at least an answer that sounds vaguely possible) - it was referred to in an interview with a famous TV reporter who had a reputation for "doorstepping" politicians (so famous that I can't remember his name).

Apparently the question is largely irrelevant - the purpose is to get the person to react in some way - even if just by turning their head - for their stills photographer! It's not (these days) a very effective technique because most "professional" politicians just ignore it completely now.

Last edited by Roopert on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:53 pm

I thought he answered "no its chicken" up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:05 pm

An overly large ego and total lack of self-awareness seem to be the required characteristics to be a political correspondent.

Plus a good dose of hypocrisy, as amply demonstrated by Kay Burley, Beth Rigby and colleagues.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

TeamRienza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Beth Rigby is out - but probably only temporarily I'm afraid.

She broke the Covid rules and went to a big party.

So important (well, self important  rolleyes ) that the rules don't apply to her!!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:07 pm

On much the same lines who is the idiot who keeps bellowing out something unintelligible whenever the BBC do a piece to camera on the balcony on 1 Millbank that faces the Palace of Westminster overlooking College Green?

He must get a prompt from someone that it is on air for him to start his stupidity.

Completely unrelated but many years ago I used to look after the network on the top floor at Millbank that belong to the Commonwealth Association. One time I was there there had been a big meeting of Commonwealth Finance Ministers and they were all in the Social area where I was working. They all wanted photographs and so they could all be in each ones photos they asked me to take them which I duly did. It didn't really work because when I had finished they all insisted that I sat in the photos as well.

I can imagine that all over the world there are photograph from that meeting some of which have my ugly mug in it and the question being asked "who on earth is he?"

And that place was an absolute pain to get into!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down