The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazon Marketplace

5 posters

Go down

Amazon Marketplace Empty Amazon Marketplace

Post by gemdeco Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone
        I decided to purchase some interlocking floor tiles to go in the motorhome and back storage, after much looking I found some 30cm x 30cm a nice easy size £10.72 for a pack of 12, bought 4 packs nice and easy coming from China not my favorite choice but being Amazon if I did not like them free return. E-Mail came through a couple of days later goods marked as dispatched. Then after a further few days I got another E-Mail  saying delayed by customs ,they suggested I have my money back, well I was in no hurry so I said I would wait. Next day another E-Mail delayed by customs due to Covid 19 contamination I still said I would wait I checked Amazon Market pace and guess what my floor tile had gone up from £10.72 a pack to £25,72 a pack, suspicious! I told them I still wanted them and they could send me a new order, they then said they were out of stock yet they still had them for sale. there latest excuse is Customs have said the parcel is too large, I replied split it into 2 parcels I am waiting a reply. I have suggest to Amazon that they make the purchase on my behalf and claim the cost difference from the seller. watch this space
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Amazon Marketplace Empty Re: Amazon Marketplace

Post by Askit Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Must admit, not for any prejudicial reasons, I don't order anything coming direct from China now because of hassles with previous purchases. Problem is that some sellers are playing silly games, you give them your order and they reorder from China, taking a cut, without the worry of stock keeping.

I ordered a couple of things from Amazon on Monday, with free (not prime) delivery promised for Saturday. They were delivered on Wednesday lunchtime.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm

I've stopped ordering anything on Amazon that comes directly from China.

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories but I am very suspicious that they will ship things costing a couple of quid where the shipping must cost more than that. 
I realise it's virtually impossible to buy goods that haven't originated in China but I am not keen for them to harvest my addresses, I'd rather pay a bit more for the goods to come from a UK supplier or from Amazon on Prime, wherever they were originally manufactured.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Wherever possible I will not buy from Amazon, preferring to use UK based online stores. Since buying our motorhome I think I have had to buy four things for it from Amazon, while everything else such as bedding crockery hoses, levelling blocks etc have come from local caravan shop, online caravan suppliers or other merchants such as Dunelm for bedding and towels.

In many cases we have paid less than Amazon prices..I do still research what is available. I have no confidence in Amazon reviews and have had bad experiences with returns in the past.

Rant over..that feels better hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 pm

I do not buy from chins direct, most things now are made in China I know but do try to avoid, , I try to buy UK made as much as possible, may cost more but I believe in supporting the UK I will go out of my way to find UK Made. 

Don`t trust Amazon.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:53 pm

I tend to check around after looking on Amazon as all too often I find the same thing for less elsewhere even allowing for shipping costs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down