The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lock Down

+11
groundhog
mikethebike
Cymro
Paulmold
Gromit
FreelanderUK
bikeralw
Bobskate
daisy mae
burlingtonboaby
Dave 418
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lock Down  - Page 3 Empty Re: Lock Down

Post by mikethebike Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:33 am

Just read and seen the modified chart .It seems the chart showing deaths exceeding the first wave were wrong.!!
Maybe lock down was not needed!!

Micky

mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:13 am

We were shopping yesterday, Aldi, Lidl and Tesco, all were exceptionally quiet. No problem with stocks, everything was plentiful including the usual suspects. Looks like other supermarkets intend to adopt the Aldi traffic light entry system but so far Lidl had no special measures in place and Tesco are back to counting the numbers in and out.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 am

Just back from Sainsbury's, we were there at 0730 and it was very quiet with most items available Only a couple of things we couldn't get.
Lockdown will not eradicate the virus, what it might do is slow it considerably but it will still be there and when lockdown is over will rear its ugly head again until we have a proper vaccine. We have to learn to live with it for now and the best way to do that is for the great unwashed to comply with all the rules, a big ask indeed. For now I believe it is a small sacrifice but then I don't live in a bedsit in the backstreets of a big city. think_smiley_46
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 am

Ah well, the denies on my sister's side of the family had their massive bonfire and firework display last night. We were invited, but politely declined. I heard on the grapevine about 25 to 30 were present, including my nephew's daughter who tested positive for the virus last week, but has no symptoms so assumes she's ok to mix. 
There really is no hope.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:27 am

Maybe things are on the turn for our daughter. She spent another afternoon in the Rienza on the drive yesterday. She sent management a text at tea time asking for some crackers. I left them on the step and retreated to a safe distance. I think her taste is slowly coming back. I will be seven days on Sunday so thats something she can look forward to. We have longer to ait than her due to being old people,65+.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 pm

I was feeling fairly positive today as it was the end of the first week of isolation. Yesterday our daughter told her boyfriend to get tested as he had been in close contact with her.
His test came back positive. That means another two weeks in isolation for us. To be on the safe side we have been to the test centre in town to have tests done. If either of us are positive we will know we’re we are up to.
Once again I will have to phone the dentist to move my appointment. We come out of isolation on the day of my appointment. It’s a good job it’s not causing me any pain. It’s just ragged edges were the front of the tooth has broken off.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:14 am

Hope your family get better soon Dave, seems the virus is creeping through rural areas now, several of our neighbours either side of us have tested positive, both had visits from family members.(Hull area)
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:10 am

Despite living in a city until recently we didn’t personally know anyone that had the virus. Now we know a few with varying levels of illness. One friend, a healthy and fit 42 year old was in bed for 10 days with mostly fatigue. 

Also, a friend’s mother had sadly passed away. She was in her late 80s and the view is that she probably got it from the team of carers that looked after in her own home. In addition two of her daughters have also got it.

Be careful everyone.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 am

My moan about having a bad night and the weather was for a reason in the end. Management has just got her test results and she is positive.
This means we are all isolating for 14 days unless I get any symptoms. I wish we had both been positive so we wont have to start again if I start during the 14 day period. 
I suppose we have been lucky not to have any other issues but I still feel angry  that our daughter was able to bring this home from working on a normal ward. The personal protection didnt work for her.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3