The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PEUGEOT TPMS ADJUSTMENT

+12
BornAgain
Pete F
FreelanderUK
Richard G
Steve928
Cymro
roli
Libraryman2
marconi
inspiredron
Roopert
Caraman
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PEUGEOT TPMS ADJUSTMENT - Page 3 Empty Re: PEUGEOT TPMS ADJUSTMENT

Post by Cymro Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Well done Caraman. Your persistence on our behalf deserves the support of all Forum members because this is a safety issue. 
Why on earth can’t AS act responsibly and honourably like  Bailey, instead of ducking down in the gaps in the rules?

Well done. 
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:00 pm

Cymro wrote:Well done Caraman. Your persistence on our behalf deserves the support of all Forum members because this is a safety issue. 
Why on earth can’t AS act responsibly and honourably like  Bailey, instead of ducking down in the gaps in the rules?

Well done. 
Cymro

I wonder whether there is any change with the 2021 models, I doubt it.

Its not that they haven't known that they have been treating their customers despicably for years, is it. Plus, when I spoke to the VCA Head Engineer in November last year he had, as part of investigating my case telephoned, their 'Homologation Engineer' and strongly suggested that they talk to Peugeot France.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:55 pm

I have on order replacement Tyre Valves since December, coming apparently from Germany and am now being quoted 8 weeks delivery!
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Last year I went to a local garage who deal with Peugeot and tried to get the system reset to lower pressures. The technician had all the correct Peugeot software in his laptop but was unable to do the reset. So, back to square one and living with the warning signals.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:19 pm

BornAgain wrote:Last year I went to a local garage who deal with Peugeot and tried to get the system reset to lower pressures. The technician had all the correct Peugeot software in his laptop but was unable to do the reset. So, back to square one and living with the warning signals.
Sorry to hear this.  I hope they didn't charge anything.  The nearest Peugeot dealers to me that take Boxers/motorhomes are all up to an hour away which gives me a choice of who to go to.  I've been to 3 so far.  It might be worth trying another dealer.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:24 pm

This is so unnecessary and frustrating!

Why don't Peugeot allow owners to reset, from the dashboard? 
Why don't AS reset, like Bailey?
Why don't Peuegot dealers comply with customers' wishes without undue indemnity paperwork?

Aaaaagh!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:17 pm

I am fairly new to motorhomes (35 years caravans then 4 years motorhome) but it is evident that the integration between base vehicle and habitation on coachbuilt and PVCs is less than perfect. I hadn’t realised at first, for example, that the habitation and  base vehicle service were totally different and required separate workshops etc. Peugeot provide the base vehicle with some modification to AS spec. (presumably) but they are commercial vehicle makers  and no doubt there is a limit to how far they will go to accommodate the coachbuilders as it must be a small part of their market. Adjustable pressure monitor systems would be of no use to Boxer buyers.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:56 pm

BornAgain wrote:Adjustable pressure monitor systems would be of no use to Boxer buyers.
I understand the Peugeot TPMS is rarely if ever specified for commercial Boxer vans as they are not mandatory.  I understand they are not mandatory for motorhomes either if they are registered as commercial vehicles.  For example, Auto-Trail motorhomes are registered as commercial vehicles and don't come with a TPMS.  It seems that the only base vehicles that are specified with a TPMS (@£200) are those destined to be converted to motorhomes and registered as passenger vehicles such as Auto-Sleepers and Baileys.  The difference between these two makes is that Auto-Sleepers do not take responsibility for the tyre pressures and therefore the adjustment of the TPMS, because the regulations apparently don't require them to, but Bailey do.  So Auto-Sleepers have a front TPMS set around 73 psi and a Bailey with an equivalent habitation load has a front TPMS set around a safer 50 psi.  Although many TPMSs are driver adjustable, the Peugeot one that is mostly only fitted to some motorhomes isn't.  Clearly the problem would go away if the regulations required all TPMSs to be driver adjustable but currently they don't.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:06 pm

I simply don't understand  why the same system fitted in Peugeot  cars isn't used on motorhomes i.e. adjustable by driver. . My sons 3008 is adjustable.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 pm

Paulmold wrote:I simply don't understand  why the same system fitted in Peugeot  cars isn't used on motorhomes i.e. adjustable by driver. . My sons 3008 is adjustable.
Its probably because the Boxer TPMS is cheaper.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by weepop Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Steve928 wrote:Hi folks - I've just signed up just to let you know that programming of the TPMS is now possible using the AlfaOBD Android app or Windows software.
Some of us over on the Bailey Owners Facebook group have been working on this.
I've written a document about the kit required and the process involved. 
You are able to adjust the stored pressures at will using your phone and the AlfaOBD app..

As a new member I can't post a link to the document but I could send it someone who could, or post it in 7 days time.
Steve
Many thanks Steve928.
I downloaded the document then bought the OBDLink plus yellow lead and Android software.
It worked a treat just as you describe . I set my front tires to 3.5 bar and rear to 4.5 bar on my Broadway and it is much better. up!
weepop
weepop

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2020

Tigger-tim likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:54 pm

weepop wrote:
Steve928 wrote:Hi folks - I've just signed up just to let you know that programming of the TPMS is now possible using the AlfaOBD Android app or Windows software.
Some of us over on the Bailey Owners Facebook group have been working on this.
I've written a document about the kit required and the process involved. 
You are able to adjust the stored pressures at will using your phone and the AlfaOBD app..

As a new member I can't post a link to the document but I could send it someone who could, or post it in 7 days time.
Steve
Many thanks Steve928.
I downloaded the document then bought the OBDLink plus yellow lead and Android software.
It worked a treat just as you describe . I set my front tires to 3.5 bar and rear to 4.5 bar on my Broadway and it is much better. up!

I did the same - works perfectly from my Kindle. Added bonus is having the ability to check and clear codes now too.I'm sure there are lots of other settings I could adjust if I spent time looking.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by evansjd2112 Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Thank you!!
It's an old thread but I stumbled on it whilst Googling for a way to lower the stored pressure on our MH.
Fitted new wheels and A/T tyres back in late 2021 and after getting the TPMS valves moved over had to run them at 74psi to avoid the annoying TPMS warning. Would get shaken to hell on a bumpy surface.

Now able to run 50 front and 53 back and no warnings.

Ordered the yellow cable, OBDlink and bought the app. Worked seamlessly 

Thank you again!
evansjd2112
evansjd2112

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Donator
Donator