The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Board Water Usage

+11
sunidorset
bikeralw
gassygassy
IanH
Bobskate
Quilter
Gromit
Gollum
rgermain
Askit
Uncle Mort
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

On Board Water Usage - Page 3 Empty Re: On Board Water Usage

Post by gassygassy Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am

Here we go
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

Sorry my 'moving the boiler' posts are off topic, if I could figure out how to definitely do it properly I could start a new thread but I think I'll give up now. Back to the water! Without staying on sites our Nuevo tank lasts a week, including shower / s!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:44 am

gassygassy wrote:Sorry my 'moving the boiler' posts are off topic,
 S I S Z B 4. As I have said before, very often on Groups the most interesting points come up, when the Topic moves on. The search facility on ASOF will highlight your excellent information, in this topic.

After all there isn't a lot more to say on topic. Other than, that in the heat wave of 2003 in Provence I rationed the water usage and my wife died of kidney failure. (Totally untrue BTW).

Thankfully the moderators are not harsh on here like one e-mail group where I was told by the overzealous moderator that my post was not accepted and deleted due to Advertising Content. It puzzled me for a minute until I realised that each e-mail had tiny print added automatically at the bottom by the e-mail client. Virus checked by Avast 
He used to step in as soon as a subject changed slightly and got interesting and close the topic. I left. I only noticed yesterday he is still there still doing it, without the annual subs of many of us. His comment yesterday he has had no response to his request from any members of the group.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am

Do you know what the limit on number of pictures can be added to a post? I have done quite a few pictures and I could, if people are interested do a proper "how to move your boiler" thread. It would take a bit of time to sort the pictures, as for some reason I can't seem to locate photos in an orderly manner on this MacBook

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 pm

I did have a couple of issues with the older Combi in our  Bolero but since having the CP Plus version (2 yrs in previous van and getting towards 4 in this one) ive only ever had one error, when i ran out of gas before changing to other one...this was cleared by turning the unit off at the panel, changing the bottle and then priming the gas via the hob before turning the heating back on...job done.
Seems pretty bullet proof for now...either way, it would be a difficult job to get at the boiler, its under the fridge/freezer but there is an access panel so might be OK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:19 pm

gassygassy wrote:Do you know what the limit on number of pictures can be added to a post? I have done quite a few pictures and I could, if people are interested do a proper "how to move your boiler" thread. It would take a bit of time to sort the pictures, as for some reason I can't seem to locate photos in an orderly manner on this MacBook

No idea on numbers of pictures per post. You could always break it up into separate posts. Remember the attention span of modern man anyway. Oh don't to forget to put an advert for incontinence pants between every section.

One thing when adding photos, I have been caught out too but not since I decided to add them one at a time, confirm that all is Ok then add another.
marconi
marconi

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:22 pm

marconi wrote:...... Oh don't to forget to put an advert for incontinence pants between every section.

Thanks marconi. When considering doing 'pioneering' jobs on motorhomes I always use Hippocrates Theorem: First do no harm. So when doing the boiler change-around I didn't cut anything that I could not re-join, didn't unscrew anything that couldn't be re-screwed (other than replacing the right hand rear screw in its original position holding the boiler to the floor? It's impossible - ) and I used a tape measure quite a lot. In the end, the only components I had to add to what was already there were two jubilee clips, a 10mm compression coupler gas pipe joint, a Sainsbury's Baked Beans can and about 50cm of mains cable, and solder + heat shrink sleeving to extend the existing cable. If anyone wants to rotate the boiler back to its original position they can. I have done no harm. Honest 'guv. I think. Maybe. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. Whistle1
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 pm

gassygassy wrote:

Thanks marconi. When considering doing 'pioneering' jobs on motorhomes I always use Hippocrates Theorem: First do no harm. 

My mantra entirely.

My Multiple bypass of the EC700, oops OT again, doesn't actually touch the beast, or its connections to it. It doesn't 'see' any of the voltages I apply. I interface into existing push fit connectors.
If needs be, whip mine out, push the original back in and in minutes. "look its never been touched pal". I defy anyone to find a trace. 

Apart from three improved joints where A-S had done a scruffy splice job. An A-S guy would probably notice neat work with suspicion.

Plus a bit of tape round a push fit connector where Sargent had put 2 wires into one crimp and left bare wires exposed, quality work that is a match to their ISO 9001 accreditation.
That is almost a quote from their site but my English is better I hope. "Our committed to quality is match by our ISO 9001 accreditation

marconi
marconi

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:43 am

OOH just look at all those potential shorts, floating about. You absolutely will not find any connectors like that on a German motorhome. Not that I know of, anyway.
I got ISO9000 for East Midlands Electricity when I worked there. I started by assuming that we would have to achieve a standard of quality. I was surprised and frankly amazed to find that it is nothing at all to do with quality, it is just to employ people and get them off the dole queue. You can make AutoSleepers, you can make Sargent controllers, you can make manure, it doesn't matter how well you make it, that has nothing to do with ISO 9000 - I presume 9001 is an updated version. Just so long as you keep records of where you sourced your materials from and where you finished products go, you get the 'certificate'. You can use manure to make ice cream and so long as you document the cow that produced the manure, what farm it lived on, what date you took it into stock, when you made the ice cream, how you stored it and when you sold it, you comply with the requirements of the standard. Pay it no attention whatsoever. Except that if you want to find out who did those electrical connections and when, you should be able to. Well, you won't, you are only the customer, but if you were an ISO inspector they would be compelled to show you their records.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3