The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staring at the ceiling

2 posters

Go down

Staring at the ceiling Empty Staring at the ceiling

Post by bristol170kj Mon 30 Mar 2020, 8:07 am

Every time I watch the news on the TV and the presenter interviews someone, why are we forced to look up their nose and stare at their living room/kitchen/study ceilings.

I wish people would hold their phones higher or place their PC camera higher or put the laptop on a book.

It's starting to irritate.

Keith (Victor)
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Staring at the ceiling Empty Re: Staring at the ceiling

Post by Bobskate Mon 30 Mar 2020, 9:37 am

With you all the way Victor Meldrew.
Can I also add when somebody is being interviewed ‘portrait ‘ the screen is divided into three vertical sections. You can see most of the interviewee in the central panel; the other two panels are opaque with some blurred movement visible. Why? What does it add? Must be the latest trick on the Media Studies course. And whilst I have a head of steam....reporters leaning against a wall, pillar or lamppost when doing their item. Ohhhhh...I feel better now....back in my box!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Staring at the ceiling Empty Re: Staring at the ceiling

Post by bristol170kj Mon 30 Mar 2020, 9:52 am

Bobskate wrote:With you all the way Victor Meldrew.
Can I also add when somebody is being interviewed ‘portrait ‘ the screen is divided into three vertical sections. You can see most of the interviewee in the central panel; the other two panels are opaque with some blurred movement visible. Why? What does it add? Must be the latest trick on the Media Studies course. And whilst I have a head of steam....reporters leaning against a wall, pillar  or lamppost when doing their item. Ohhhhh...I feel better now....back in my box!
Absolutely, I want to go up to people holding the phone in portrait whilst they video something and tell them the correct way.  I bet they have their TV's standing the wrong way at home.  

We went to the local town council hall a couple of years ago when Question Time was being recorded there.  Strangely they have a "warm up" act.  The guy was from the BBC and one thing he said was to hold the phone in landscape when filming.  Why don't the TV new casters say something along the same theme when they tell us (every time) that we are about to see flashing lights.

Now your getting me started...….

:) Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down