The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kafka is alive and well...

+11
Cymro
rgermain
Askit
TeamRienza
daisy mae
Roopert
bikeralw
nuevoboy
Stewart John
modelman
Quilter
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kafka is alive and well... - Page 2 Empty Re: Kafka is alive and well...

Post by rgermain Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Quilter wrote:
rgermain wrote:
Thanks, I did Google it and it still made no sense to thick old me!
Don't read books much, two pages and I fall asleep, latest effort about Bletchley park, where I spent many a week during my GPO training, has so far taken me a year and still only under 1/2 way!
---------
Richard

Presumably you’ve not read Catch 22 Richard ?  Some parallels: I can’t sign in to a website to get a password because I haven’t got a password to sign in with....

I will put it on my read list, but I fear my eyesight might fail first hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins snoozing

Bit like a computer that asks you to sign in before you set up wifi. scratch head
----------
Richard

PS my wife does my share of reading, the Warwick has one overhead locker dedicated to books and that's for each trip.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:53 pm

It took the author of Catch 22 eight years to write it... It took me almost as long to read it!
Watch the film instead..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 am

rgermain wrote:
Cymro wrote:Franz Kafka was a German novelist whose books include The Trial - describing a person's struggle with tortuous bureaucracy. Hence "Kafkaesque" to describe Subject v. The State. It's an experience to read it (and his other novels) - you really share his anxiety and frustration. Sounds dull, but I assure you it's gripping.

Cymro

Thanks, I did Google it and it still made no sense to thick old me!
Don't read books much, two pages and I fall asleep, latest effort about Bletchley park, where I spent many a week during my GPO training, has so far taken me a year and still only under 1/2 way!
---------
Richard
Slightly off topic, but I reckon you must have been at Bletchley when the GPO accommodation was till in the old nissen huts?
Fortunately most of my training was done elsewhere until they'd built the new "apartments" (as in rabbit hutch private room).
I still remember my shock at seeing a full-size snooker table for the first time, in the mansion.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2