The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealer calls in Administrators

+5
rogerblack
frederic
burlingtonboaby
Weegie
Paulmold
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dealer calls in Administrators - Page 2 Empty Re: Dealer calls in Administrators

Post by kaspian Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Certainly loads of motor homes present yesterday when I passed but having had experience of their sales technique it seemed far too closely aligned to that of a volume car sales outfit for my taste....
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Dealer calls in Administrators - Page 2 Empty Re: Dealer calls in Administrators

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:50 pm

The Google entry of BC Motorhomes shows it 'permanently closed'.

Latest press release ....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/bc-motorhomes-makes-15-staff-18329913

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolyan Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Askit wrote:.........120 made redundant by text.......
I'm struggling to see how that can be acceptable under any circumstances.
Rolyan
Rolyan

Male

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by StewPotch Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:44 pm

frederic wrote:Well defined devision between the former B.C. Mazda dealership, which is now branded under the Parks name, and the seemingly thriving Border Motorhomes Site!
frederic
Think you’ll find Border Cars Mazda isn’t actually branded under Parks, who are a separate company.
The big problem is the motorhome division and car division are effectively the same company, and the car branch has dragged down the motorhome business.
StewPotch
StewPotch
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Yes I was aware of that being, very local as well.
Also reinforced by Paulmold post from the Daily Record (three above)

''Earlier this year Parks, which already had a huge presence on Heathfield Road, bought the the (former) Border Cars Jeep, Mitsubishi and Mazda franchises in Ayr.''

frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Another one???

https://motorhomer.com/threads/scott-motorhomes-gone-bust.40177/

Anyone near there to confirm?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:58 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Update on BC Motorhomes-

There has been a management buy-out, this has been posted on their FB page....

Hello to our Facebook Followers! wave

Firstly, we would like to apologies for our Radio silence over the past few weeks.  As you may have heard - sadly our parent company ‘Border Car Group’ recently went into administration. This unfortunately had a knock-on effect with the operation of ‘BC Motorhomes Travel and Leisure’ and we found ourselves in the position of no longer being able to trade.  This has been a very difficult time for us all.  We are however delighted to announce a completely new and exciting venture!  Our very own Calum Watson is now the proud owner of the motorhome business as a completely new stand- alone company.   

Welcome ‘BC Motorhomes – The Motorhome Store!’ Calum will also be welcoming back key members of the existing team to assist him in this new and exciting challenge.
If you have any questions relating to the previous administration relating to ‘old’ BC Motorhomes please get in touch on the following email address: calum.watson@bcmotorhomes.co.uk

Additionally, due to some technical difficulties - our phone line will not be in operation for a few days. Please bear with us and this issue will be resolved shortly.   In the meantime, you can contact us at the email address above and a member of the team will come back to you.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all customers and staff for standing by us and supporting us through the next exciting chapter.

Kind Regards
Calum Watson

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Don't know the new owner but good luck to him anyway, I sincerely hope they make a success of the venture. Unfortunately my experiences during previous visits to BC were similarly negative to those outlined in previous posts here. I guess they have loyal customers who will be pleased to see the "company" back running and will return, they have a bit of work to do before I would consider going back.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 pm

We wouldn't wish them any harm, but, while Mr Watson is in charge, we still won't go anywhere near them.

Instead, we'll spend our Ill-gotten gains with a company that appreciates the custom and understands the concept of customer service.
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 pm

It's good to see some of the staff will get their jobs back,always a good thing.
It's a horrible day when you get the brown envelope.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by StewPotch Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Great news that BC Motorhomes are back up and running - I knew things were happening a couple of weeks ago but couldn’t say too much.
Loads of thanks to Calum Watson for looking after my interests and I’m so looking forward to picking up my brand new Carthago C-Line 4.9LE (which I ordered via BC in Oct 18) next week, trading in my current AS m/h.
It’s a pity that some of the staff may not return immediately, but hopefully the business will flourish and the jobs lost will return.
Over the years, I’ve found BCs service and conduct exemplary and I’m looking forward to resuming dealing with them.
No doubt, there will be always someone that will never be happy with the service they received.
StewPotch
StewPotch
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 am

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2