The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

query re mercedes sprinter starting problem

3 posters

Go down

query re mercedes sprinter starting problem Empty query re mercedes sprinter starting problem

Post by Tonydi Sun May 06, 2018 1:31 pm

We have an intermittent starting problem on our 2009 mercedes devon. Sometimes when I turn the key in the ignition , it fails to start. It still starts eventually, but can be after 10 or more turnings of the key. It seems particularly bad in damp weather. It recently had a service - on a fine day - and they couldn't find anything wrong. The battery is fine, they said starter motor is Ok. Has anyone else had similar experience and could they offer any tips please or shed light on any component that might be faulty? Thank you. Tony.
Tonydi
Tonydi

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

query re mercedes sprinter starting problem Empty Re: query re mercedes sprinter starting problem

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun May 06, 2018 1:47 pm

From a USA Sprinter forum, thread on starting problems. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

query re mercedes sprinter starting problem Empty Re: query re mercedes sprinter starting problem

Post by willy eckerslike Sun May 06, 2018 5:17 pm

It might be worth replacing relays 7 & 8 in the compartment in the passenger side footwell. 7 is the engine control relay, 8 is listed as 15R, I don’t know what that means but I do know that is you take it out and turn on the ignition everything lights up as it should but the engine doesn’t turn over and that matched my symptoms when I had intermittent starting problems. The relays are MB part number A 0025422619.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down