The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AV connections in Broadway

2 posters

Go down

AV connections in Broadway Empty AV connections in Broadway

Post by AndyRoyd Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:25 pm

In my Broadway EK Adjacent to the TV aerial/power points I have a Sergant DVD A/V output connector.
This consists of rca connectors, L/R audio and video.
Can anybody tell me what they are used for and how?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

AV connections in Broadway Empty Re: AV connections in Broadway

Post by safariboy Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

You will find them also under the shelf at each end and in the cupboard.  All three are connected together (red to red etc,)  I understand that they are so you can put a sat receiver in the cupboard and have TV connected at either end of the van without trailing wires.  On my system you cannot use them because my setup is only HDMI!
The aerial socket are more of a problem and all may not be connected.  The F type under the shelf is connected to the outdoor TV coax, and the TV coax under the shelf is connected to the aerial amplifier. The F type in the cupboard is connected to the F type outside.  It makes sense if you put the sat receiver in the cupboard and connect to the F type and the TV either to the Type if you are connected to a bollard or the TV coax if you are using the roof aerial.  The TV coax in the cupboard is not I think connected to anything.
The instruction book is not very helpful on this point.
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

AV connections in Broadway Empty Re: AV connections in Broadway

Post by AndyRoyd Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:03 pm

safariboy wrote:You will find them also under the shelf at each end and in the cupboard.  All three are connected together (red to red etc,)  I understand that they are so you can put a sat receiver in the cupboard and have TV connected at either end of the van without trailing wires.  On my system you cannot use them because my setup is only HDMI!
The aerial socket are more of a problem and all may not be connected.  The F type under the shelf is connected to the outdoor TV coax, and the TV coax under the shelf is connected to the aerial amplifier. The F type in the cupboard is connected to the F type outside.  It makes sense if you put the sat receiver in the cupboard and connect to the F type and the TV either to the Type if you are connected to a bollard or the TV coax if you are using the roof aerial.  The TV coax in the cupboard is not I think connected to anything.
The instruction book is not very helpful on this point.
Cheers, I have ascertained that the external coax connections from a bollard feed the F connectors and have fitted adapters from F to coax so that is not a problem.
My TV has the facility for both terrestrial and Sat. connections.

The dvd connections are then a waste of space as I don't need a satellite box, my standalone dish will suffice connected externally to the TV.

I agree about the instruction book, no details or schematics as to the DVD connection.

Think I will replace the DVD outputs with USB connectors as these will be more useful.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down