The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam

+4
rose49f
boxerman
Paulmold
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Empty Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam

Post by Admin Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Inactive Members

Just to let members know I have deleted a few hundred inactive accounts today. 

We never really know if any of these accounts are actually genuine or not and can only be guided by our software. 

This action is always met with a wailing reaction, but it has to be done to keep our subscriptions list neat and easier to monitor, otherwise it gets very complicated going through hundreds of non active members when trying to assist a genuine member. If your account is active and in use then this action shouldn't affect you. 

We have always suspected, that many of these accounts are setup by individuals to see something on the forum, then its abandoned and never used again, or it could be a number of the accounts are duplicate accounts etc. Either way we have to have a clear out and take this action to keep on top of the situation.

**If your account has been deactivated and you are reading this as a guest, then you can simply re-register as a new member to stay with our community.**

Spam Posts

As many of you will have noticed we had an episode of Spamming on the forum, this hopefully has now been taken care of. Roli did report this matter to me but I had no idea it was as serious as it was until I logged on earlier today. Members can help us, by reporting anything like this as soon as they can, so it can be dealt with promptly and to prevent it getting out of hand. 

Lastly just a quick "Thank You" to all of you currently using & enjoying the forum. 

Regards

Ed.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Empty Re: Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam

Post by Paulmold Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Not gone down well on the FB group. Lots of moans that people have been deleted after only being members for a few months.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Empty Re: Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam

Post by boxerman Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:06 pm

I was going to report it but couldn't find the 'report this post' button.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Paulmold wrote:Not gone down well on the FB group. Lots of moans that people have been deleted after only being members for a few months.
Use it or lose it, so the saying goes...

Last edited by Les W on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speeling)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Paulmold wrote:Not gone down well on the FB group. Lots of moans that people have been deleted after only being members for a few months.

We get this every time Paul, which is the reason I've been reluctant to do it for sometime. 

Our software stated that the members deactivated, have not visited the forum For at least 100 days, and have Not even made 1 single post, so you question why they even signed up to the forum in the first place? They add no value to the community, It's only active members that contribute to a forum that benefit the community, as I've said from the very start. 

I suspect, a high percentage of these people complaining, have duplicate accounts and probably aren't bright enough to work out, that it's an abandoned or inactive account thats been deactivated, and not an account that they actually use.

As Les says "Use it or loose it" shrugg

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:51 pm

boxerman wrote:I was going to report it but couldn't find the 'report this post' button.

Frank

Is the report button no longer visible Frank? I thought I'd fixed this recently.

Just checked and it should show as this icon? Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Icon_post_report If not can members let me know?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Is the report button no longer visible Frank? I thought I'd fixed this recently.

Just checked and it should show as this icon? Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Icon_post_report If not can members let me know?

Sorry Ed - didn't recognise that for the report button. Did it not used to say 'report this post'? or am I dreaming?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:04 pm

boxerman wrote:
Admin wrote:

Sorry Ed - didn't recognise that for the report button. Did it not used to say 'report this post'? or am I dreaming?

Frank

It should say something like: Report post to moderators or Admin when you hover over it Frank?

I think before we used a different icon with a text overlay which I can't seem to find at the moment.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Admin wrote:
It should say something like: Report post to moderators or Admin when you hover over it Frank?
Yes it does, now that I've tried it

I think before we used a different icon with a text overlay which I can't seem to find at the moment.
Probably somewhere in the bowels of photomucket?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

FB members can always re-register. Report button up and running.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:
boxerman wrote:I was going to report it but couldn't find the 'report this post' button.

Frank

There was no report button yesterday, I did look because I wanted to report the spam posts (I would have only reported one not all 450) but I see it now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Glad Admin was able to bring 'normality' back.
Notice I put that in quotes  smile!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Recent Clear Up Of Inactive Members & Spam Empty Re:- Recent clear up of inactive members

Post by sapper997 Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Excuse ignorance, what are FB members ? not been into all these initials and abbreviations since my army days confused3

Ray
sapper997
sapper997
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue68 Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Facebook auto sleeper owners forum
Sue68

Female

Member Age : 101
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 am

And there was me thinking it was a fixed bed forum. snigger
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down