The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody weather

3 posters

Go down

Bloody weather Empty Bloody weather

Post by modelman Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Sat in the conservatory last night watching the electric-storm, loads of lightning & no thunder, then I noticed the clouds going towards themselves, then start to 'swirl' almost tornado-like, then BAM, like a gunshot, then another, & another, & seconds later it was deafening.
Marble sized ice-balls (hailstones) soon covered everywhere, it only went on for about 5 minimises or so, but as this happened as it was getting dark, I couldn't check around.
First thing this morning, I had a reccie around, conservatory roof,  seems ok, solar panels on roof, seems ok, cars, Jacies Smart ok, mine, it might be the light, but there seems to be a 'hint' of wobbly-reflections, indicating impact-strikes!!
Oh, I'll pop up on the MH, ladder out, * Inappropriate Word *!
A crack on one rooflight & this::
Bloody weather SatDome1_zpsk68bhmmc
And guess what, 2 weeks of very hot & dry, now its chucking it down! so_sad

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Bloody weather Empty Re: Bloody weather

Post by daisy mae Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:27 pm

That's not good. on June 28th 2012 we had the same only lasted much longer, hailstones size of golf balls, caravan was written off , husband car had over 600 dents, only had it three weeks at the time, it was repaired and good as new, cost nearly £6,000, trouble was he was deemed to be at fault and so is still on the insurance policy, mine as well as I have him as a named driver. duh!!

Hope you get it sorted quickly, in 2012 there were thousands of claims, my car missed it as I was miles away,  just had the storm and no hailstones where I was. floods though.

Insurance had no one to claim off, so owners were responsible. they cover their own backs.

Last edited by daisy mae on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insurance)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Wow!
Luckily, mine was nowhere as bad as that, but I just got up on top to patch it up & as I touched it, it began to disintegrate!
I actually work with identical plastic that the dome is made from & I know that it seriously degrades due to UV sunlight if unpainted, & when I fitted it a few years ago, I thought about painting it for that very reason, but I didn't.
Just ordered a replacement (£170.00) & when it arrives, it WILL be painted!! 
Checked Jackies car again & her glass roof IS OK, but my Passat estate HAS shallow indents. sensored1 sensored1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:52 am

Had the same problem with insurance. I had some one clip my caravan I was towing with my then Topaz, I made no claim other party broke her mirror- £600 worth. After 18mths and the other party wanting to go to court, only to drop out with 1 week to go, I was given as no blame. Had to fight like made to get my increased premiums back on my car, motorhome, my wife also on her car, named drivers.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down