The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo problems and faults - share and compare?

+6
murph
burfy1
Nuevo II EK
breakaleg
roli
CC
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nuevo problems and faults - share and compare? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo problems and faults - share and compare?

Post by Norrie Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:53 am

CruizingComet wrote:Hi Norrie.. Not sure if you have the same MES control panel as ours or not, neon blue backlit display with "AS Motorhomes of excellence" displayed on it? think these were only used for a short time, but anyway we find upon entering the vehicle tapping the screen once brings on the strip lighting around the tops of the units, after this you can use the fob to switch on or off the strip lighting or the outside awning light until it seems the control panel goes into standby again, still trying to get used to ours to be honest hugegrins

Comet,
Thanks for that - tapping the blue touch screen is something I haven't yet tried - but I will this evening.
I got a fob with the Nuevo but the (private) seller didn't know what it was for. It doesn't appear to do anything - maybe it needs 'paired'?
Many thanks though. I will report back.
Norrie
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : 2009 Nuevo ES. X250

Back to top Go down

Nuevo problems and faults - share and compare? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo problems and faults - share and compare?

Post by CC Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 am

Norrie wrote:

Comet,
Thanks for that - tapping the blue touch screen is something I haven't yet tried - but I will this evening.
I got a fob with the Nuevo but the (private) seller didn't know what it was for. It doesn't appear to do anything - maybe it needs 'paired'?
Many thanks though. I will report back.
Norrie

Hi Norrie... I'd check the remote fobs battery first if I were you, Pressing the Δ will switch on the entry lights & Pressing the O will switch on the awning
light, we can switch ours on with the remote from a distance of approx 4-5mtrs

The manual says "while the display shows the AS logo none of the internal circuits will be powered and the remote key fob will not work the awning and entry lights, to move onto the off screen the display should be pressed lightly" The AS manual doesn't give a huge volume of info on the control panel and I was wondering if sergeant have a more detailed manual available as I understand the panels are made by them? Guessing they are custom programed for Autosleeper so a manual from them might be of little use.

Sounds to me like the seller conveniently didn't know what the fob was for, (because they knew it wasn't working) any handover of the vehicle by AS or a dealer would have explained this surely? Anyway, if it's not the battery then it probably will need to be paired, not certain but think you can pair these yourself using the control panel? from the manual it says "Press the key fob symbol on the systems screen which will display the above for 10 seconds and the unit will beep, during this time either button on the key fob has to be pressed so that the display can recognise the code and store it into the display. After 10 seconds approx the display will return to the SYSTEMS SCREEN" We had to do this with ours when we first got it as well!

Let me know how you get on content

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:08 am

Hi CC,
I guess I'm suffering from being a pathelogical bargain-hunter and maybe should have bought from a dealer but those that I visited knew less about customer care than I expected. We bought our last MoHo privately too but the seller of that gave me a very good run-down in its use.
I tried the tapping of the screen thing when I got home last evening, sadly with no result.
The manual I (eventually) got from AS has no mention of the fob (or the striplights) but I saw the option for pairing on the screen and tried it. That didn't work either so I'll get a fresh battery for the fob and try again.
Shortly after buying it I visited Scotland's only AS dealer and they looked at the touch screen and said they'd never seen one before.
This forum has been of much more use to me than AS....and continues to be so. allthumbz
Many thanks, Norrie.
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:40 am

There has been quite a few changes to the Nuevo and its cousins since it first hit the market, control panels seem to be on the list. Think it would be a good idea when you are discussing the vans to put the year in as well as the variant,,,, or put the van details in your profiles so people can see what model you are talking about. The profile option saves you repeating each time, if you dont want to do that add it as a signature that will automatically appear after you post.
This last weekend I saw Nuevos' all Boxer based all different, Nuevo 2s X250s both different and of course there was a Classic /X250, more like a Nuevo than a Mk2 !!!! confused3
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrie Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Roli, Thanks for that, I've added bits to my profile and will produce a signature when the phones stop ringing.
I'm speaking to Sargent at the moment about the control panel & remote and I think I've got them scratching their corporate heads.....
When I'm King things will be more straightforward.
Norrie
Norrie
Norrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Thats 2 of us then Norrie, I was talking to them yesterday about our control panel and found them helpful

Dont know yet if his solution has cured the problem of erratic readings as I will need to let the leisure battery charge up a bit first
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

If you have no luck Norrie it might be worth re-booting the control unit, apparently if you can remove the panel front there is a wire that you disconnect from the pcb, leave it a few mins before reconnecting and if there are any errors in the system it should reset everything back to default!

I'm finding our interior lights & awning light are working everytime I go out to the van now either using the remote fob, or by using the control panel inside. Checked the manual again and you can program new or existing remote fobs to the control panel, any further joy with Sargent yet?

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Apologies for abandoning this post that I started waiting

This is the job list that I gave Autosleepers. [Action and outcome.] Once problems sorted we have been very pleased with our Nuevo ES.

1. Water level gauge reads erratically. [Better than it was, but not perfect.]

2. There is a leak from the freshwater tank in the region of the water level sensor. I suspect these two faults are linked, as I believe there has been a number of problems with leaking sensors. [Sorted.]

3. In the bathroom a number of the edges to the wall coverings and corner sealing strips are lifting. [Re-glued.]

4. The external over-cab joint trim is unattached and holding water. [Old one cut away and new smaller trim fitted - still holds water in one or two places.]

5. The mains electricity outside socket is bowing out of shape and the seal between the socket and wall has opened up. This has resulted in swelling of the side wall panel. [Now bows inward despite second repair by Autosleeper, but has not got any worse in last 4 years.]

6. The nearside inside trim on the ceiling of the ‘luton’ butting onto the vent is coming loose. [Sorted.]

7. Auto-Sleepers have been fitting a remote thermostat for the heating system to overcome problems with the thermostat in the wardrobe cutting out prematurely due to the higher warmth within the wardrobe. [Thermostat fitted in trim on front side of driver's side lounge window (forward of the wardrobe).]

8. The trim over the joint between the roof and rear panel is detaching and allowing water to be retained [similar to point 4 above and redone].

9. The following two high level cupboard doors need adjusting to stop the doors rubbing the trim as they are opened :- 1. door over hob, and 2. nearside front door, close to passenger seat. [Sorted.]

10. Replace both seat swivel plates with the latest modified seat locking mechanism [This was a safety recall.].
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2