The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

+8
dandywarhol
repoort
m8form8
daisy mae
jollywalker
Dutto
Shuggiegreen
groundhog
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alex throws his dummy out the pram..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

Post by Jaytee Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 am

Yes, the two 'girls' did do well didn't they. Whichever party you support.

Last edited by Jaytee on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Alex throws his dummy out the pram..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

Post by m8form8 Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:29 am

They certainly knew their stuff and impressed me, I have some respect for the Greens but they are too ideological so lack being so grounded. Disappointment that fewer minor parties got a say, i rather think it was a bit of a set up last night. But I think it was a set up that backfired on the 3 main parties, topmarks   well done the girls!
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:50 pm

m8form8. Im sorry to inform you would not pass the entrance exam to live in Scotland which is that you must stand in your birthday suit in a freezing loch for 24 hours without any midgie repellant cream the longest known survivor lasted 12 mins after his extremities froze and his ears were devoured by the wee blighters.He was last seen running South screaming in great pain. :-)
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

m8form8 wrote:

Id move to Scotland except its cold up there and i hate their midges, and I would move to Wales although I;d never be able to learn welsh either.  celebrate1 courtesy oh_blast!
According to my Scottish friends, they tend not to like 'Incomers ' too much in Scotland...Here in Wales, you might find that the ability to speak Polish could be more useful than Welsh!...Our Plaid lady speaks very well as a rule, but was perhaps a little overawed by the occasion......I loved the way she told Mr Farage that he should be ashamed of himself, though, snigger but notice that a lot of the clips  have lost the audience applause which she won! topmarks

.... But I think the result of the debate was "Women 3 : Men 0" hugegrins
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Yes and you can't use your bus pass in Wales or Scotland and that is a big factor for us motorhomers.hugegrins
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Swansea Jac wrote:

According to my Scottish friends, they tend not to like 'Incomers ' too much in Scotland...Here in Wales, you might find that the ability to speak Polish could be more useful than Welsh!...
 I think the Scots would be OK if I could brave their weather and midges as I am married to one!  lol4 As for Polish being more useful than Welsh in Wales Id then be at a double disadvantage linguistically then!   confused3 
I'm not yet old enough for a bus pass  lol4  in Brighton you can't get into town unless you ride a bike or go on the bus that's what a green party local council does for you!  confused3
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:44 pm

All have good ideas but where is the money coming from when the credit card is maxed out!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Agree with Jaytee, Nicola S did very well in particular, Ed must be pretty worried in Scotland.

As Dave R says the credit card is maxed out and we are paying £43 billion a year to service that debt, that is over THREE TIMES the amount Greece repays in interest!! 

Number 1 rule get rid of your debt.

I know how we could save a lot of money though...just taking the last few posters locations...
Brighton has 3 MP's
Plymouth has 3 MP's
Croydon has 3 MP's
Swansea has 3 MP's

Do these places really need THREE MP's!!!

Using the calculation each employee cost roughly 1.5 times their salary with expenses etc thrown in, if each MP earns £65k I just saved the Country around £800,000 in FOUR towns.....

Pass the knife someone up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Each MP earns 67k, your out of touch Groundhog  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins A better rule would be get rid of constituencies  and bring in proportional representation instead.  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins That would make sure the Public School boys did not rule the roost by a farce of a democracy.  topmarks
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:14 pm

It was nice to see the whole of the UK in the debate though... oh...hang on they weren't were they, I bet our friends in Nor'n Ireland aren't too impressed.

There are nearly as many MP's from NI, excluding SF who don't go, than the Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru and UKIP put together scratch head

m8form8 probably £69K by the time I post this biggrin

Personally, I don't care if our 'leaders' are educated at Eton or the local village school as long as they are the best people to run the Country. Sorry but this 'class', out of touch with ordinary people argument makes me sick.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:05 pm

m8form8 wrote:They certainly knew their stuff and impressed me, I have some respect for the Greens but they are too ideological so lack being so grounded. Disappointment that fewer minor parties got a say, i rather think it was a bit of a set up last night. But I think it was a set up that backfired on the 3 main parties, topmarks   well done the girls!

More power to the minor parties I say! i for one am in favor of allowing some of them to serve us in government. I also get annoyed that recent Prime Ministers talk about being "leaders" and in the top job! The root of the word to 'minister' is not to rule and lead but to serve! Unfortunately all I see recent ones have served is their own interests not those of all the people under the pretense that it is the top job!
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2