The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

+8
dandywarhol
repoort
m8form8
daisy mae
jollywalker
Dutto
Shuggiegreen
groundhog
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alex throws his dummy out the pram..... Empty Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

Post by groundhog Tue 24 Mar 2015 - 21:01

Alex of the SNP ( not the Ice Road Truckers ones sadly) has just vowed that if Dave gets in with a minority Government the SNP will vote against him in the Queens speech and stop him forming that Government.

He will then allow Ed and co to form a Labour Government who he will support on an issue by issue basis so the powerhouse and decision making of the entire UK government will effectively be in Scotland.

Vote for Dave, vote for Ed, vote for Nige or Nick but whoever you choose lets not see the Country blackmailed into disaster please!

I might regret posting this in the Morning but for now, Rant over!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Alex throws his dummy out the pram..... Empty Re: Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 8:18

groundhog. Im not really into politics but up here in Chilly Jockoland according to the opinion polls the SNP will crush all the other parties and have a large number of new MPs at the expense of Labour so I would imagine there will be a fairly large SNP group at Westminister and they will have a big say in what issues get passed and what issues fail.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Alex throws his dummy out the pram..... Empty Re: Alex throws his dummy out the pram.....

Post by Dutto Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:17

Hi there,

Didn't see the rantings of this rather pathetic loser but I understand that the Scots voted "No" to independence.

I can't understand why Salmond gets any air time as all he demonstrates is that he is a bad loser (but still a loser) determined to force his ideas on the British public (including the Scots) whether they want it or not!

At least Lord Sutch named his party for what it was .... allthumbz

.... whereas this particular Monster Raving Loony thinks he is a latter day Messiah leading his people to the promised land .... tap_fingers

.... he isn't, look here  he won't look here  and when I start trusting Salmond I will know I have finally lost my marbles! wave wave

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by jollywalker Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:40

I'm thinking that we in England may need a referendum on whether to remove Scotland from the Union. It is a nightmare scenario whereby Scottish SNP MP's have the balance of power, worst of everything.
Stop the world, I want to get off  fedup
jollywalker
jollywalker

Male

Member Age : 63
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:46

Dutto I think you are going to be very disappointed if the opinion polls are correct the SNP will have around 25 MPs after the election now it is very likely that the Tories will not have a large enough majority to get all issues through parliament so will need the help of SNP to get many issues past.This puts the SNP in a very strong bargaining position as Labour will also require help to block certain issues.So as much as Alex Salmond can rub folk up the wrong way he could be a very powerful man in Westminster and I do not vote SNP but I am I think realistic about what is likely to happen.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:49

JollyWalker. You cant remove the Scots from the union unless Scotland votes to walk away herself. The European Union recognise the UK including Scotland and not without it.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jollywalker Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:49

Hey, no worries, mine was not a serious comment about an English referendum. 
The election this time is I think going to leave us with a weak government, whoever forms it, having to do unsavoury deals to get anything done. 
Just when the UK is going from strength to strength, not really the best option, in my lowly opinion.
jollywalker
jollywalker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:57

jollywalker.I believe who ever get in its the working man who bares the brunt of the changes and ends up worse off.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jollywalker Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:05

It would be a very boring world if we all thought and believed the same, that's for sure.
As long as I can afford the diesel and campsite fees to get away in Daisy, I'm a happy man. 
Whatever we have here, we are a lot better off than many in the world. Remember, if you are unhappy with what you have here, there are many others in the world who are happy with far less.
jollywalker
jollywalker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 15:24

jollywalker. Exactly we dont do to badly at all but we wouldnt be British if we didnt like a wee moan now and then.lol
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 15:58

Just when the country is getting out of dept., then a probable bombshell drops and puts us back, I dread the election for that reason, some live for today and don`t look at the wider picture. i.e. what`s in it for me and not what is good for the country and which then benefits the inhabitants. Some just cannot see that.

Are we going to leave our children /  Grandchildren the legacy of a dept ridden country for ever more?

I think, just my opinion, England should just be ruled by England, we know what is best and works for us, outsiders just want to get a foothold.

Not wishing to upset anyone at all.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 18:00

The whole point is that we must all abide by the decision of the majority, if the majority of Scots want to be represented by the SNP then why not. Were I to live there it may well have been my choice as well. The perverse thing about the SNP having the balance of power is of course they want devolution from the UK!

What is on the horizon is nothing short of a terrible mess that will do the Country no good at all, the snag is as long as we all keep voting along the lines of supporting our local football team nothing will change.

By default the strongest Government we could have unless someone gets a majority is a Conservative/Labour coalition - how strange would that be.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 18:22

The trouble is any party based majority if you ask me, Alex I do not like but then i dislike most politicians all have some sort of motive that i find objectionable. Not much will change until such times as we get people in Parliament who want to work for the good of all not just one or another fraction of society regardless of if they are English Scottish Irish Welsh or identify as part of this country regardless of ethnic minority or religion. 
My tuppence worth..  confused3
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 19:12

Shuggiegreen wrote:...........
.So as much as Alex Salmond can rub folk up the wrong way he could be a very powerful man in Westminster .......

Er .... 

.... Alex Salmond quit as Leader of the SNP (for the second time) when the Scottish electorate voted "No" to independence ....

.... at the moment, not only is he NOT the leader of the SNP, he is a Member of the Scottish Parliament and has NO standing in Westminster ....

.... but like all of his kind, he is denying the desires of the Scottish people to try and get what the SNP wants via an alternative route ....

.... by standing as an SNP candidate in the Westminster elections.

There is no doubt that Alex Salmond may get himself into a position of power and cause mayhem in Westminster ....

.... the same way that a child can destroy a watch with a hammer and ....

.... just like that child, he will be unable to replace that which he destroys with anything better!

Does anyone actually believe that Alex Salmond will do anything that will benefit anyone other than himself and his cronies? scratch head scratch head

If you do then "God help us all!" tap_fingers tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by repoort Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 19:46

...never mind all this trivial stuff, how many kitchens does he have ?
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 21:49

Dutto. I think you can say that about most politicians.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 23:00

The chances of a Conservative/Labour coalition are very possible - under all the pontificating they want similar things for Britain - or is that England? Either way, they are so middle of the road it's difficult to tell one from the other now.

The majority of Scots did vote NO but only after the coalition of Milliband, Cameron, Clegg dusted down Gordon Brown to lie to the Electorate when they realised at the 11th hour that the vote might not go their way........................... Hell hath no fury like a spurned Salmond. 

I don't believe for a minute that Salmond just resigned because he lost the vote - he had planned it all along to get back into mainstream British politics if the vote went against the SNP. After all, even the SNP didn't believe they would win the vote until the last 6 months of campaigning!

It's going to be an interesting Election!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Thu 26 Mar 2015 - 18:49

That would be one way to dilute the S.N.Ps power but do you honestly see the Egos in the Conservative and Labour parties allowing them to work together ?
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu 26 Mar 2015 - 19:36

Shuggiegreen wrote:Dutto. I think you can say that about most politicians.
Hiya,

"Most" is much too generous!! tap_fingers tap_fingers

How about "I think you can say that about 99.9% of all politicians." look here look here look here

I can't remember endorsing any politician scratch head not even my hero Dennis Skinner, "The Beast of Bolsover" himself!  allthumbz   allthumbz   

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Thu 26 Mar 2015 - 20:03

I'm no great fan of Alex Salmond but there's no doubt he can wipe the floor with the 3 Stooges, Cameron, Clegg and Miliband (and the Olde Bore Brown)

Give some thought to this..............

Nobody, not even Salmond believed that the SNP would win the Referendum. What is was going to do was shake up the Establishment. As the months and weeks ran towards last September the YES campaign grew (even the word YES is positive, whereas NO sounds negative). Less than a month before the Referendum date the YES/NO balance was around 50/50, much to the surprise of the YES campaigners and their supporters. When it tipped in the YES favour an absolute panic set in throughout the Establishment and the 3 Stooges got their heads together to do their very best to turn the tables. It worked, but at a price. Britain was still Britain but it was Scotland that was divided!

Now the dust has settled it is obvious to ALL that the 3 Stooges lied their way into the hearts and heads of the DON'T KNOW brigade and that resulted in the 55/45 final vote. There's considerable anger amongst Scots about the lies told by the Stooges.

Salmond's plan had worked - he and senior SNPs hadn't really expected to win but Plan B was now in operation - to get more power for Scotland and to help get a Government in place in 2015 that the majority of Scots wanted, whether they are YES or NO voters.  After all, with only 1 Conservative MP in Scotland (and closest to the Border) the majority of Scots don't want a Conservative government but had no choice for the last elections. Labour are in a mess in Scotland, ably messed by expenses swindler Jim Murphy. I've been a Labour or Liberal voter all my life but they are both an embarrassment today.

So there WILL be a lot of SNP MPs in the next Government, ironically helped by the Stooges whose plan actually backfired, Salmond will be in Westminster and Plan B (which was Plan A in the first place) will ensure Scotland will have a better Government for the majority of Scots and worked properly, a better Government for the rest of Britain.

It's going to be an interesting election  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 13:31

dandywarhol wrote: will ensure Scotland will have a better Government for the majority of Scots and worked properly, a better Government for the rest of Britain.

It's going to be an interesting election  up!

And thereby hangs the rub!

Every region of the UK wants 'better' so the result is each is fighting for its own end rather than the whole and that creates a weaker single Government. That is the consequence of the representative system we have.

UK PLC is far from out of the woods in regard to its finances, everyone wants more money for their 'bit' but until our economy is healed that cannot happen.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 13:56

And thereby hangs another tail.............. shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sat 28 Mar 2015 - 13:42

daisy mae wrote:

" ......England should just be ruled by England, we know what is best and works for us, outsiders just want to get a foothold."

This is supposed to be government of The United Kingdom...not just England!  scratch head

You appear to ignore us lot over in the west in Wales where we work hard warming up the rain before it gets to you! hugegrins rainyday lolflag
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Sat 28 Mar 2015 - 15:50

groundhog wrote:Alex of the SNP ( not the Ice Road Truckers ones sadly) has just vowed that if Dave gets in with a minority Government the SNP will vote against him in the Queens speech and stop him forming that Government.

He will then allow Ed and co to form a Labour Government who he will support on an issue by issue basis so the powerhouse and decision making of the entire UK government will effectively be in Scotland.

Vote for Dave, vote for Ed, vote for Nige or Nick but whoever you choose lets not see the Country blackmailed into disaster please!

I might regret posting this in the Morning but for now, Rant over!

+ 1
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 10:59

Well post TV debate I either want to vote SNP or Plaid C Cymru, unfortunately they don't have candidates in Brighton. You can let the Scots and Welsh rule the whole country then they won't want out as they do with public school boys in charge like some sort of prefects. I really do not blame the nationalists for wanting out of a country that attacks the poor to so called balance the books. 
RANT OVER,

Id move to Scotland except its cold up there and i hate their midges, and I would move to Wales although I;d never be able to learn welsh either.  celebrate1 courtesy oh_blast!
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next