The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery to Battery Charger

+9
Andril1954
rogerblack
Paulmold
brodco
shargrea
mikejack
Peter Brown
-mojo-
bernieproberts
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Battery to Battery Charger - Page 2 Empty Re: Battery to Battery Charger

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:03 am

gpilky, how can the leisure battery receive charging from the alternator when the Sargent PSU is turned off with the isolator button, or does the EC500 not have one?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Battery to Battery Charger - Page 2 Empty Re: Battery to Battery Charger

Post by gpilky Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:58 pm

Relaxez-Vous wrote:gpilky, how can the leisure battery receive charging from the alternator when the Sargent PSU is turned off with the isolator button, or does the EC500 not have one?

You tell me - unfortunately I've never seen a wiring diagram for the EC500 itself. The manual for it says:

"Please ensure the system shutdown switch on the PSU is in the “on” (button in) position before driving (see 2.2). This will ensure the electronic system is active and will therefore be able to control the charging process, supply the refrigerator and monitor other system circuits."

This implies that no charging will occur if the EC500 is shutdown button is in the off position, even when driving. To be honest I've never measured whether this is indeed the case.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2