The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dartford Crossing

+21
Greyhound
steamdrivenandy
Maasai Warrior
Peter Brown
bikeralw
micknhilary
Jaytee
andygump
Enn
inspiredron
pablo
oldfred
DuxDeluxe
Backtrax
Paulmold
daisy mae
richardstubbs
Dutto
mikethebike
PLOUGHLIN
oldbikerider
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Dartford Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Dartford Crossing

Post by logburner Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Bmwdumptruck wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but if any of you are blue badge holders it's free. You do need to register which I think is £10 for something like 3years.  Seem to recall it allows you to use some French bridges free too, as I believe the ownership of the QE2 is in French hands now.
I haven't come across the scheme to which you refer, although I could easily have missed it.       confused3
My printout of (https://www,gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge)
If you have a blue badge, but aren't exempt from paying vehicle tax........you still have to pay.        scratch head
If you don't pay vehicle tax, you don't need to do anything to get exemption. Your vehicle details will be checked with DVLA when crossings are made in your vehicle............(.So if your vehicle is taxed as exempt/disabled at the DVLA, then you don't pay. )  shrugg 

I do believe that if your resident in Dartford, or Thurrock, you can get local resident discount account.
logburner
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:00 am

Hi there,

Nearly two years into the new system and our use of the Dartford Crossing went from at least four times a year to zero! look here look here

The eye-watering tolls and aggressive penalty system makes sailing via Portsmouth seem positively cheap! allthumbz allthumbz

drinksallround
Dutto

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:43 am

Best way is to just travel after 10pm and before 6 am, like we do sometimes then. :) wave
Have recently returned to using the Woolwich ferry now our new van is london emissions compliant, for us it is better then the tunnel as we go from Brighton to Norwich and the m11connects to the ferry better anyway. less milage that way. allthumbz
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5