The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV

+8
roli
Dutto
murph
Nuevo
modelman
Neuvosleeper
BobK
nforrgolf
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV  - Page 2 Empty satellite tv Dome

Post by Tonyd Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 pm

For what its worth, I had a 400mm dome fitted by roadpro installer at the beginning of the season to my 2001 exec which has a somewhat curvaceous roofline and the fitter raised the question that this may present a poor reception issue, however a call was made back to roadpro withe the upshot being to place the dome as far as possible to the rear of the vehicle, away from the Luton bulge.Happy to say the system works great when you get a clear view east but if you are near trees, tall hedges as i was a week or so ago at CC Tewkesbury my luck run out and was forced to watch the dvd. NOTE to self, find EAST with phone app before pitching !!!
Tonyd
Tonyd

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV  - Page 2 Empty Re: Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV

Post by CC Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 am

Snelly wrote:This countries terrestrial system is limited by the terrain and transmitter positioning, so even with a great aerial, results can be disappointing in some areas.

Omni-directional aerials do a hard job... they have to be able to sucessfully pull in a signal from any direction and normally through a thick layer of plastic to make it look more pleasing to the eye. Anyone with an omni-directional aerial needs to appreciate this!

Snelly makes some valid points....

I've been following this thread since the start and I cant really see the big deal! Auto-Sleepers fit what's available... OK it might not be the best choice, but if you buy the vehicle from new surely you get the option to specify a different option? Aerials are frequently replaced and upgraded by better aftermarket alternatives by thousands of motorhomers scratch head if it bothers anyone that much they should just upgrade it and save yourself the stress shrugg

Also, in relation to certain comments in this thread and as a reminder (read the forum rules) lobbying and encouraging others to take legal action against Auto-Sleepers on "This Forum" is not something we welcome as it does nothing to improve our relationship with Auto-Sleeper and could actually result in legal action taken against us! You are welcome to openly discuss these issues and hopefully Auto-Sleepers will take on board any comments, but If you want to take matters further you are of course welcome to do this yourself directly, but don't involve the forum please.

CC

Edit: Off Topic replies have been moved to new thread here: https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t4977-forum-rules

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : split replies and merged with newly created thread.)

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV  - Page 2 Empty Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 am

Tonyd wrote:.Happy to say the system works great when you get a clear view east but if you are near trees, tall hedges as i was a week or so ago at CC Tewkesbury my luck run out and was forced to watch the dvd. NOTE to self, find EAST with phone app before pitching !!!

We stayed at Tewkesbury last week and having had problems on other sites near trees we deliberately chose a pitch which was between two large trees but clear to back and front directions and we got a reasonable amount of channels through our Status 315 omni-directional flying saucer aerial.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV  - Page 2 Empty Re: Satellite Dome / Omni directional TV

Post by Snelly Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 am

Tonyd wrote:NOTE to self, find EAST with phone app before pitching !!!

You want to have clear line of sight south... in fact just very slightly east of south, but definetly not east up!

Pitch carefully my satellite friends hugegrins allthumbz
Snelly
Snelly

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2