The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall.

4 posters

Go down

A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall. Empty A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall.

Post by SherpaSam Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Oops, Bad start. Just got told of by Admin for posting on the "What's Vintage" before saying hello smile!
So Hello from Cornwall; Fowey to be more precise. wave
I was going to say hello, but was hoping to get a nice photo of my 1978 Sherpa deluxe Auto-Sleeper to put up.
Unfortunately the only shots I have at the moment are of the bits I've been working on, so not quite the nice'n'shiny I was looking for, so I've dug out a pic I found on the web from before I owned it to use as an Avatar.
Found the forum while searching for a wiring diagram for the Auto-Sleeper second battery etc. as mine has been extensively altered (messed up) by a previous owner, as have quite a lot of bits unfortunately.
Got her 18 months ago with a basically dead engine (only 1 cylinder had any sort of compression) and she's sat around waiting till last month when she got another engine, and a complete front axle/suspension/etc from a Pilot, so I now have disc brakes on the front and an MOT. And we tested it all out by going the 400 miles to WOMAD and back.
Now I need to get on with the rust holes and getting the interior back in proper order.
Photos Soon.
Sam

SherpaSam
SherpaSam

Male

Back to top Go down

A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall. Empty Re: A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall.

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Welcome from Paul and Carol in North Wales handshake
We were down your way at beginning of July stayed at C&CC site at Veryan, hadn't been that area for 30years, pleased to say it hadn't changed that much.
Have you been following the restoration of a Sherpa campervan in MMM mag (or was it Practical Motorhome)?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall. Empty Re: A Possibly Classic, Hello from Cornwall.

Post by CC Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

Welcome SherpaSam

Will look forward to some pics sometime smile!

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SherpaSam Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks for the Heads-up on the Practical Motorhome articles Paul & Carol, I never really look at the Magazines, but as it's pretty well the same van, I may pick up a tip or two, although they're not going into much detail so far. and it already looks loads tidier than mine.
SherpaSam
SherpaSam

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SherpaSam Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Perhaps I'd better not wait till it's tidy before posting photos, or you'll never see it hugegrins
SherpaSam
SherpaSam

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Warm welcome to you SherpaSam how useful you're able to fix it your self -keep up the good work. wave
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down