The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted

3 posters

Go down

What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted  Empty What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted

Post by deka Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Does anyone know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]boxer Sigma please.  scratch head
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down

What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted  Empty Alarm?

Post by SteveplusChris Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am

deka wrote:Does anyone know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]boxer Sigma please.  scratch head
Unless you have documents and stickers on the vehicle to the contrary, it is likely all you have is Peugeot Boxer own immobilizer and no alarm. If you definitely have an alarm it will almost certainly be Cat 1 as the immobilizer counts as Cat 2, I think.
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo Lancashire EK

Back to top Go down

What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted  Empty Re: What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 am

Correct, immobiliser only is Cat 2. If alarm has been fitted afterwards it could be a Cat 2-1 but you need to know the make/model of alarm. (just means it has been upgraded from a 2 to 1.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted  Empty Re: What category immobiliser/alarm is fitted

Post by deka Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks for info you were both right it is cat 2 I've just insured it with caravan guard and with breakdown cover it came to £306 which I thought wasn't to bad "cheaper than my car was last year" once again thanks. Deka.  allthumbz
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down