The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving control panel on Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Moving control panel on Nuevo Empty Moving control panel on Nuevo

Post by Viszy Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm

HI
 Does anyone know if it is possible to have the control panel on a 2007 Nuevo moved? Factory fitting is over the door with the light from the sky light reflecting badly on it!  Being 5' 3"and also wearing bi-focals I find it impossible to read.  I only wish Autosleeper had considered short a.... , folk!  It would be ideal if sited half way down the wall or even if it could be angled down.  
Has anybody else encountered this?  I don't really want to use a step stool in order to read this panel.

Any solutions gratefully received.
Viszy

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Moving control panel on Nuevo Empty Re: Moving control panel on Nuevo

Post by -mojo- Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 am

Dpending on a number of things (mainly cable routing) it should be a lot simpler to have an angled housing made to have it point downward. There is almost certainly enough cable slack behind it for that to work.

Moving it elsewhere may involve complications if the existing cable run does not happen to go via the new location - extending and reterminating will be a job that most people probably wouldn't want to DIY.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Moving control panel on Nuevo Empty Moving control panel

Post by murph Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Viszy,
   If you know a good and friendly joiner, or handyman he might be able to make you a wedge shaped packing piece to tip the control panel to a suitable angle, say 30 degrees, to enable you to read it.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down