The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Complaint Ever.................

+6
Traficlady
Dutto
Wozzon
peugeotboxer
Bilyco
Tommy-Darcy
10 posters

Go down

The Best Complaint Ever................. Empty The Best Complaint Ever.................

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm

It is a while since I have contributed from the other side of the fence, but here goes................

As wardens, we hear all manner of complaints, some we can do something about, but others are totally beyond our control, yet still we are expected to be able to defy mother nature to ensure a restful nights sleep scratch head 

Mr & Mrs A came to the site without pre-booking. Their initial requirements were; Away from anyone else and on a grass pitch. This we provided, however upon taking them to the pitch which met their requirements precisely Mrs A asked me where the disabled toilet was as she needed to be close to it, to which I replied that it was at the other end of the site exactly where she didn't want to be. When she began to be abusive I mentioned that this requirement was not highlighted earlier, but with discussion with Mr A it was decided that she could use the onboard toilet as she had done in the past and they could drive down to use the shower.

Next complaint was that the pitch was not "spirit level" flat, and as they had no ramps it just wasn't good enough. So I explained that they could use up 2 pitches lengthways to try to get their Large Coachbuilt Motorhome level. Although Mrs A still didn't think this was good enough, they would make do!

The following morning, they came in to reception to complain that they did not have a wink of sleep all night. When I explained that all seemed peaceful beyond 10.00pm when I did my walk round, they said that it was the noise of the sea crashing against the sea wall, and was there anything we could do to stop it making such a racket snigger 

I rest my case...............................lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

The Best Complaint Ever................. Empty The Best Complaint Ever.................

Post by Bilyco Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Nice one. smile! As Abraham Lincoln Said - You can please some people some of the time and some people all of the time. But you can't please all the people all of the time. There are always people who are never happy whatever.
Bilyco
Bilyco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Symphony

Back to top Go down

The Best Complaint Ever................. Empty Re: The Best Complaint Ever.................

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................but the customer is always right!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

The Best Complaint Ever................. Empty Re: The Best Complaint Ever.................

Post by Wozzon Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I don’t know, you wardens just won’t go the extra mile! You could have played some soothing music for them to drown out that terrible noise!hugegrins
Wozzon
Wozzon
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

On the other hand ......  wave 

...... imagine for a moment .........  up! 

.......  a wife that stayed awake all night just listening to the sea!!  look here 

Paradise or what!!  gimmefive 

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 am

I heard someone on the C&CC site at Bala complaining to another camper that the sheep in the next field were very noisy.

Personally, I quite fancy dozing off to the sound of the sea - makes a change from the wind and rain!

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Shubberdog Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 am

Well I think you should have got your shovel out and leveled the site then phoned the council and told them to knock down the sea wall or told the customer to do it instead.
Shubberdog
Shubberdog

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman+Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 pm

About right for some people.......... You need the patience of Job to remain polite and the late Humphrey Littleton's deadpan delivery not to laugh right in their faces. Thank goodness for at least some normal campers, somewhere - everybody on here for instance ........ snigger

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Shubberdog wrote:Well I think you should have got your shovel out and leveled the site then phoned the council and told them to knock down the sea wall or told the customer to do it instead.
A cynic would say that a couple of shallow graves may have been a better use for the shovel....biggrin

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:18 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:
Shubberdog wrote:Well I think you should have got your shovel out and leveled the site then phoned the council and told them to knock down the sea wall or told the customer to do it instead.
A cynic would say that a couple of shallow graves may have been a better use for the shovel....biggrin
lol4

It was Mr A I felt sorry for, imagine living with that....................think_smiley_46

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Yes...... Maybe only half the shovel work required. A real warden would have given him a hand snigger 

Hope the next lot are a bit more reasonable...

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Didn't you ask her if she thought your middle name was Canute? snigger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by triclops Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Now come on moses surely parting the waves should,nt have been a problem ?  lol
triclops
triclops

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : 1984 Bedford Clubman

Back to top Go down