The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaint to Sainsburys

+4
Askit
Bobskate
burlingtonboaby
groundhog
8 posters

Go down

Complaint to Sainsburys Empty Complaint to Sainsburys

Post by groundhog Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:03 am

I must be getting a grumpy old man. Just e mailed a comment to manager of my local branch,
Shopping in Sainsburys this morning so out of respect for others along with just about every shopper in the store and to protect their "colleagues" donned a facemask.
Army of pickers in store as usual and hardly any of them showing any signs of social distances and barely a face mask in sight. Really hacked off as I believe this is so wrong, they ask me to wear a facemask yet they don't have to follow their own advice!
Maybe its me..... Whistle1
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Complaint to Sainsburys Empty Re: Complaint to Sainsburys

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 am

You sort them out Hog, yer.   hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am

Interestingly in my local Sainsburys they say there is no requirement to wear a mask whereas I thought all the majors Tesco, Waitrose, Aldi etc were requiring  them.
Having said that throughout the pandemic there have always been a small number of refuseniks. You can see who they will be before even entering the store.
I often give them a Paddington Bear stare which sometimes gets a reaction. Sometimes quite exciting. I’m just about to go there now…wish me luck.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Our rules in Scotland are unchanged in respect of wearing masks in stores. Right from the start of the "restrictions", staff in our local Tesco were the ones most likely to invade your space or slip their masks off. That has changed in so much as they do respect mask wearing.

What hasn't changed is pickers have continued to totally ignore personal space. They also "swarm" in aisles, often making it difficult to keep away from them. I've lost count of how many times I've raised the issue with both local and regional management. I've not lost count of replies as I'm still awaiting the first one  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Diggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Hot foot back from Sainsburys I’m able to report there is a notice at the entrance which states that although masks are no longer a legal requirement, you are asked to wear them “to protect our colleagues”. However, inside the store, although most customers are wearing masks, most of the “colleagues” are not. Clearly there is no reciprocal need to protect their customers. 😳
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm

groundhog wrote:I must be getting a grumpy old man. Just e mailed a comment to manager of my local branch,
Shopping in Sainsburys this morning so out of respect for others along with just about every shopper in the store and to protect their "colleagues" donned a facemask.
Army of pickers in store as usual and hardly any of them showing any signs of social distances and barely a face mask in sight. Really hacked off as I believe this is so wrong, they ask me to wear a facemask yet they don't have to follow their own advice!
Maybe its me..... Whistle1
At 8am this morning I too shopped at Sainsburys where the shoppers all wore masks, but your like your store the pickers, mostly young people, didn’t. The PA message asked us to wear a mask but I assume they can’t enforce this for the staff, or can they? 

Incidentally it was very well stocked.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:58 am

Waitrose yesterday there were more staff not wearing masks than customers, not something I had noticed on previous visits. It was noticeable in the High Street that people were generally not wearing them when going into shops.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 am

Throughout the whole of the covid-19 saga it has been noticeable how the response of the public has varied from town to town.  Locally the vast majority have obeyed the government guidelines.  Not so far away (and in a different country) I stopped using my 'usual' garden centre as in spite of the requirement to wear facemasks in shops many of the customers seemed to think it didn't apply to them.

A new problem has arisen this week, the local Tesco had to clear the chilled and frozen goods from display as the freezers/chillers couldn't cope with the heat!  There could be a message for the management as there are suggestions that the hot spell in August may last for two weeks.

Tony Comber
shipbadger
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:52 am

I went to Morrison’s and Waitrose on Thursday and at a guess at least 90% we’re wearing masks. Of those not masked the majority were either young females (late teens early twenties) or older males (50 upwards), make of that what you will.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm

To the managers credit I got a nice e mail back saying he basically agreed with me and if I wanted to chat about it please let him have my number and he would give me a call so result and point obviously noted.
Can't ask for more than that really up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down