The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on the Nuevo TV Installation

5 posters

Go down

My take on the Nuevo TV Installation Empty My take on the Nuevo TV Installation

Post by ploop Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:14 pm

For those of you who have read my intro post, you'll know that our van was a write-off, the TV was one of the things that went "missing" between the dealers, salvage auction and us buying it. Thought some of you might be interested in our installation on what was a blank canvas.

• I was never overly impressed with the original cable "coming out of the wall" so the socket was the first thing to be fitted.
  • The small plugs and sockets are from RS Components that I found while clearing out my late father-in-laws wonderful workshop and knew they would come in handy one day! Fitted to a black project box from Maplin.
  • Behind the sockets is a 12v stabilised power supply to ensure the 12 volts remains 12 volts when on EHU.
  • The "wood" to mount the sockets comes from a B&Q walnut shelf, imho a pretty good match.
  • The TV was £109 from Tesco, with built in DVD, not that I need that, please read on. I don't believe in the wedding cake, birthday cake prices of bespoke mobile TV's.
  • The "black box" is an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with built in wi-fi, so turns the TV in to a smart one, but so much smarter than a conventional off the shelf smart TV. When hooked up to a 1 Gb hard drive I have access to all my films, TV shows and music. I use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for those interested, as the media player - a fantastic piece of software.
  • Finally on the right, one of those generic USB/multi socket boxes.

More than happy to answer any questions if you find this interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ploop
ploop

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

My take on the Nuevo TV Installation Empty Re: My take on the Nuevo TV Installation

Post by Blossom Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi ploop
Congratulations on a lovely looking job
Regards. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

My take on the Nuevo TV Installation Empty Re: My take on the Nuevo TV Installation

Post by SteveUK Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:12 pm

I was going to say that it all looks highly professional, but I don't think that that would do it justice!  Excellent work!

allthumbz
SteveUK
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 am

Great job, that cupboard was just 'crying out' for the TV smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Den Gibbs Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Ploop, 
This looks great, just what I want to do in our 2008 Nuevo when we collect it from the dealers in August.
One question though do you only use the media player on hook up? All the ones I have found are 5v dc not 12v dc.
This is my second post after introducing myself so apologies if I have done something wrong, the forum is great, so much knowledge in one place!  allthumbz 

Regards Den.
Den Gibbs
Den Gibbs

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ploop Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi Den,
Mine is def. 12v, so can be used on hook up or off the leisure battery. It might be that all the newer ones are 5v, ie standard USB, which would make sense? The only other thing I did, perhaps not obvious is I added a 12v stabiliser, located behind the little switches/sockets/plugs. So the power from the vehicle comes into that, then to the mini sockets/plugs. If you can only find 5v stuff, then you could use a good quality (ie will take 2amps?) cigarette lighter to USB adapter, with suitable cable possibly.
Regards,
Neil
ploop
ploop

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Den Gibbs Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Good idea, that may be an option! Thanks for the prompt reply, I think that the Avtex tv's have built in media players so I may just use a HDD powered from the USB port on the tv. Thanks for your help, I'm sure that as complete Newbies we will need the forums experience when we pick the MH up!!
Regards
Den

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down