The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway 2013

+3
Peter Brown
burlingtonboaby
The flying pig
7 posters

Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Broadway 2013

Post by The flying pig Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:10 am

Since I picked up the van on May 1st the camera has worked intermittent but when I want it to fail to show the dealer it worked.
Van went back to A/S for some other work and fix camera by the time I got home it did not work again, they blamed the Sargent control panel which was due to be changed.
Next visit the panel was changed and camera worked for 20mls then failed. Phoned A/S service and told them, they now tell me they are going to change the interface panel will wait and see what happens then.
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Re-Broadway 2013

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 am

Hi Flying pig
Just as well you don't live to far from Willersey, hope you get your van 100% sorted up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Re: Broadway 2013

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't be certain that your monitor/camera are powered the same as mine but I suspect it is. The power is taken from the Sargent EM50 supply destined for the fridge (yellow arrow on photo). It is therefore fed via fuse F7 on the EM50.

It is easy to fit the fuse with one end in its connector but the other end out but touching. This causes the monitor and fridge operation to be intermittent - I have had this problem!

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:28 pm

If the OP's problem is one of intermittent No Signal and blue screen then it is not a fuse problem. I have had issues since new with camera and have the guys coming to me again next week. I am now suspecting the monitor interface box that takes the camera inputs (AV1, AV2 and reversing switch trigger.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:20 am

It happened on our Warwick Duo when new and it took two visits to Autosleepers before being fixed. The cause was a poor connection on the plug / socket on the video cable behind the camera. They pushed the plug hard into the socket and its been fine ever since.
nimbus

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Reversing camera update

Post by The flying pig Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm

confused3 
 Sitting here at Willersey to have the interface changed. They did that and were just about to hand the van back to me when it failed on them. They now realise I was not telling porkies and there is a problem with the camera being fed via the Sargent panel.
Will up date when we have a true solution
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Reversing camera update

Post by The flying pig Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm

confused3 
 Sitting here at Willersey to have the interface changed. They did that and were just about to hand the van back to me when it failed on them. They now realise I was not telling porkies and there is a problem with the camera being fed via the Sargent panel.
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Re Intermiittent reversing camera

Post by raybow Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 pm

The flying pig wrote:confused3 

Hi Flying pig

Sorry to hear all the trouble you are having. I had the same problem with my camera it drove me mad but it has been resolved by having a live feed wired to the camera. It still works automatically in reverse but now I can switch it on manually with the remote control and use it as a review mirror. This was done by my dealer and was a simple job.

Hope you get your resolved soon.

Raybow
raybow
raybow

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by The flying pig Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:26 am

allthumbz A/S have now done the same and fitted a permenant live feed, it all works as it should. Why could they not do that at build??
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Better late than never,

Post by COMA Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 pm

I collected my Broadway FB in January and trotted off to the CC site in Bristol for a long weekend test run. On the way home the rear view mirror blacked out so I stopped and restarted with the desired result, it worked.....for a short while. My problem reflects yours so I contacted the dealer - the very helpful Andy Diggle at Hants and Dorset Motorhomes, now part of the Dolphin Group - he sent round the Auto-electrician who does all their Motorhome work and he set to work even though the wretched thing was in a working phase. Eventually he wired the live feed from the adjacent interior light unit......problem solved and over 4,000 miles later no repeat of the problem.
The habitation door stay popped out of its fixing on top of the door and currently I am waiting for a replacement - it seems to rely upon a small/thin metal pin that clearly is not up to the job so for the present I am keeping the kitchen sponge tied to the door handle with a plastic tie to make sure that the handle does not create a large dent in the side panel.
Talking of rubber....the fridge has not given the problems that other users have experienced but it was obvious that unrestrained the very large door would rapidly sustain damage by colliding with the end of the fixed bed so I used a piece of pipe insulation fixed with double-sided tape to the bed end....it looks OK and does the job. smile!
COMA
COMA

Male

Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 am

COMA wrote:I collected my Broadway FB in January and trotted off to the CC site in Bristol for a long weekend test run. On the way home the rear view mirror blacked out so I stopped and restarted with the desired result, it worked.....for a short while. My problem reflects yours so I contacted the dealer - the very helpful Andy Diggle at Hants and Dorset Motorhomes, now part of the Dolphin Group - he sent round the Auto-electrician who does all their Motorhome work and he set to work even though the wretched thing was in a working phase. Eventually he wired the live feed from the adjacent interior light unit......problem solved and over 4,000 miles later no repeat of the problem.
 smile!

I don't think that I would be too happy with a permanent live feed to the camera, which is what your auto-electrician has done by linking in to the cab interior light. It will be on full time and run down your battery as well as shortening the life of the camera chip.

A guy from TSN came to sort mine out last Wednesday and he changed the monitor and the associated switching/fuse box. With the old set-up the switching box provided the live feed to the camera and I presume only made the camera live if the monitor was on, either in reverse gear or manually switched on.  With the new set-up the camera takes its live feed from the same supply as the monitor which is controlled by the ignition switch but NOT via the switching/fuse box. So my camera is now live whenever the ignition is on but is NOT LIVE if the ignition is off. 
My camera now seems to work sensibly but only the long term will show if it is a proper cure. I am very hopeful.  One interesting point is that with the old set-up the system seemed to remember what state it was in when the ignition was switched off so, if you switched off while still in reverse the camera and monitor fired up when the ignition was switched back on, even if not in reverse gear.  The only way to switch it of was to reach for the remote.  Now the system defaults to off when the ignition is turned on  and needs reverse gear or manual on to fire it up.  Much more sensible!

I suspect that the basic fault was in the switching/fuse box circuit board. I cannot see any way in which the Sargent unit can be relevant to the issues. As I understand it the Sargent switches electrics OFF when the engine is started and you don't want that for a reversing camera!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 am

inspiredron wrote:
I suspect that the basic fault was in the switching/fuse box circuit board. I cannot see any way in which the Sargent unit can be relevant to the issues. As I understand it the Sargent switches electrics OFF when the engine is started and you don't want that for a reversing camera!

In recent Autosleeper vans, as well as the power supply unit and control unit, Sargent supply all of the wiring looms and the interface unit with the chassis electrical installation.

If you look at the pictures in my post earlier in this thread you will see a feed for the reversing monitor and camera (same feed) taken from the 12v fridge connector in the Sargent interface unit. This point is only activated when the engine is running and the alternator giving an output. It is fed by a fuse in the Sargent EM50 that is easily incorrectly installed as there are no guides for the fuse blades. The monitor interface unit has an additional input to sense reverse that is connected in some models but not in others.

All modern chassis provide in their wiring looms a few dedicated points for converter/accessory connection and a specification as to what is compatible with that point. Any connections to the base chassis electrical installation at other than those points or that doesn't meet the specification will invalid the warranty on the new base vehicle. That is why the Sargent (or similar) interface is used to connect side lights, central locking, etc and why AS do not interfere with the original radio installation.

Peter

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:34 am

Peter Brown wrote:

Any connections to the base chassis electrical installation at other than those points or that doesn't meet the specification will invalid the warranty on the new base vehicle.  That is why the Sargent (or similar) interface is used to connect side lights, central locking, etc and why AS do not interfere with the original radio installation.

Hi Peter
I know you are 100% correct with your statement above, but the world has gone mad. There's plenty of access (even in modern day vehicles) to ignition 12V switch fed sources even with CAN buses. To route the feed through another chunk of electronics for something as simply as a 12V feed for a low consumption unit as a reversing camera is  IMO, asking for trouble and is certainly reducing the reliability of what should be a simply set up. I realise convertors have to 'abide by the manufacturers warranty conditions' but I really do think is not a great solution to a simple installation issue.

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:43 am

Hi John

I agree with you but still feel it important when explaining what a device does to also explain why it is there in the first place.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway 2013 Empty Radio switching off after 20 mins

Post by The flying pig Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:30 pm

For those that like to listen to the radio while parked, two button pushes will switch into camper mode and the radio can be then set to stay on for up 180 mins. It took me all of thirty seconds to do this. It works for Peugeot and Fiat radios on 2006 onwards.
Press and hold the FM as and button 2 in and switch on the radio it will then go into camper mode and you can set the  time for 20min steps up to 180mins
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Back to top Go down