The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noisy Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Noisy Nuevo Empty Noisy Nuevo

Post by Cavendish Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Can any members who are 'mechanical' buffs please offer some advice/diagnosis? I have a 2003 Nuevo EK which has done 34K miles and generally given little trouble. Toward the end of last season and this one it has developed a droning or low pitched whine. This appears to be coming from the 'front' of the vehicle. The drone is dependent on road speed (higher means louder) but not particularly on 'engine speed'. It does 'appear' to vary with direction i.e. louder on a left hander but quieter on a right hander. It is getting worse and sounds expensive. Could this be in transmission i.e. 'diff'/drive shafts/wheel bearings and if so what is the likely damage? I have been both to local AS Dealer and Broadway for the odd jobs necessary over the years. Suggestions gratefully recieved...

Cavendish
Cavendish

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Noisy Nuevo Empty Re: Noisy Nuevo

Post by Blossom Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi
I think I would be looking at the front offside wheel bearing in the first instance.
A wheel bearing that is begining to fail will certainly give the symptoms you describe.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Blossom wrote:Hi
I think I would be looking at the front offside wheel bearing in the first instance.
A wheel bearing that is begining to fail will certainly give the symptoms you describe.

I agree and don't recomend waiting to have it seen too.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Cavendish
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me as well.
Jack up the front of the vehicle with both wheels off the ground.
Turn each one as fast as you can and it' quite likely you will be able to hear a difference and identify the offending side.
If so get it sorted quickly, there's a lot of power going into each front wheel.
Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down