The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towel holder on bathroom door

4 posters

Go down

Towel holder on bathroom door Empty Towel holder on bathroom door

Post by ricknsue Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Another annoying little thing we discovered yesterday is the stainless steel loop on the towel holder on the bathroom door of our Broadway has dropped out of its metal casing. On first sight it looks like you can just clip it back in, but on further investigation it looks like it screws in (how on earth it could have worked loose I don't know!). Anyone else experienced this and know what to do?
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Towel holder on bathroom door Empty Re: Towel holder on bathroom door

Post by CC Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Ours is plastic in our Nuevo but if yours is chrome then I suspect it's similar to those you can buy for household bathrooms... Most of these have a plate that fits to the wall then the outside part fits over this and underneath it has a couple of grub screws which will be done up with a small hex key or cross headed screwdriver, if yours is like this then it's possible the screws have worked loose due to movement and vibration or they weren't fully tightened in the first place maybe... Check the bottom edge as it may be as simple as this otherwise someone else will put you right.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 pm

The loop is held to the base with one screw. To get access to that screw you need to loosen the grub screw in the bottom of the base unit, a small electrical sized or large jewelers screwdriver is needed. Once the grub screw is loosened the base clips off its mounting bracket and the loop can be re-attached.

Use some threadlock on the screw that attaches the loop to the base and ensure that the loop has a little play so that when its twisted by pulling the towel off it doesn't put too much strain on the mounting bracket.

I suspect you have the thicker hollow door fitted. If that is the case the mounting bracket is fixed to the door by two screws but the skin of the door is very thin so if the bracket feels firmly fixed do not feel the need to check the tightness of those screws as the screw will pull through. If that happens the only solution is to re-locate the bracket and start again!

If you find your bracket is loose I suggest you pm me and I'll tell you in detail how it can be fixed.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Towel holder on bathroom door Empty Thanks

Post by ricknsue Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you all. It wasn't as difficult as we anticipated! All sorted now. allthumbz
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Glad you got it fixed. Ours did exactly the same last summer en-route. The first time it happened I undid the grub screw, took off the chrome mount and tightened the screw onto the ring - and then it happened again so the second time, not having any Loctite, I used a small spot of impact adhesive on the threads. It hasn't come off since but the impact adhesive will still allow it to release if required.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Towel holder on bathroom door Empty Thank you

Post by ricknsue Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

A useful tip, thank you up!
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female