The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors

3 posters

Go down

Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors Empty Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors

Post by golly Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello again, another daft question scratch head

Can anyone tell me if the wing mirrors on the Surrey fold in ? they look as if they should but I can't shift them. I don't want to try too hard in case they are fixed. I like them folded in when on site or parked up at home.

cheers John
golly
golly

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors Empty Re: Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi, they do fold in but it is definitely a firm two hands needed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeGee7 Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

t_rifles wrote:Hi, they do fold in but it is definitely a firm two hands needed.

Or an unfortunate clash with another vehicle sensored1
DeeGee7
DeeGee7

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by golly Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 am

DeeGee7 wrote:
t_rifles wrote:Hi, they do fold in but it is definitely a firm two hands needed.

Or an unfortunate clash with another vehicle sensored1

That sounds expensive !!! When I brought the van home I discovered I only had 2 inches lee way each side between the gate posts on the drive and the wing mirrors, that was an interesting few moments quick_run
golly
golly

Male

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Surrey wing mirrors Empty Those wing mirrors

Post by suenbar Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:41 pm

I have a Malvern which has the same mirror layout, and I can confirm that they do 'click' in towards the door window at least two clicks, and will fold fully into the window glass. They are just very tight.
I actually have safety issues with the width of the mirrors when fully extended, (9' 2"), I am concerned that I might hit a pedestrian on the back of the head, or strike the mirrors of a passing vehicle, and am currently running mine one click in, which brings the width down by about 4 inches. I get slightly reduced rear view from the top mirrors, but the bottom mirrors can be electrically adjusted out to compensate. I'm not convinced it's the way to forward, (or should that be backward!), road testing will confirm. More later. shrugg

Barry.

suenbar
suenbar

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

Back to top Go down

Post by golly Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

suenbar wrote:I have a Malvern which has the same mirror layout, and I can confirm that they do 'click' in towards the door window at least two clicks, and will fold fully into the window glass. They are just very tight.
I actually have safety issues with the width of the mirrors when fully extended, (9' 2"), I am concerned that I might hit a pedestrian on the back of the head, or strike the mirrors of a passing vehicle, and am currently running mine one click in, which brings the width down by about 4 inches. I get slightly reduced rear view from the top mirrors, but the bottom mirrors can be electrically adjusted out to compensate. I'm not convinced it's the way to forward, (or should that be backward!), road testing will confirm. More later. shrugg

Barry.

Thanks for that Barry, I must try and click them in once the weather improves.

John
golly
golly

Male

Back to top Go down