The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Exterior Overcab Lights

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo Exterior Overcab Lights Empty Nuevo Exterior Overcab Lights

Post by CC Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Can anyone tell me what bulbs are fitted in the overcab lights fitted to the Nuevo and other Auto-Sleeper coachbuilt models? Haven't had a chance to get the steps out and take the covers off to check, so being a little lazy in the hope someone has replaced theirs and knows the type of bulbs otherwise will have a look at the weekend!

Wondered if they might be sidelight type bulbs W5W or maybe BA15s? Don't think they are bigger P21W or similar bulbs but could be wrong, so if anyone knows could they let me know? Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Exterior Overcab Lights Empty Re: Nuevo Exterior Overcab Lights

Post by roli Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Not sure about the the fronts CC but the high level rears on Bulldogs Nuevo Classic were Festoon bulbs but water had entered the fittings and rotted the holders so he fitted standard capless fittings in and put sealer round the lenses on refitting to keep the water out. Has your bulb off warning light come on ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi roli... no I'm just in the process of upgrading my headlight bulbs for some higher luminosity (Xenon HID Effect) H7 & H1's + the (W5W) sidelight bulbs and just looking into replacing the bulbs in the overcab lights if possible at the same time.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 am

Hi CC.

On my Exec they are 5w. festoon bulbs. Just recently I had one go off was a bit lazy and fitted a 15w. It burnt a hole in the lens. They where a bit discoloured anyway so had to get two new replacements. If anybody local to Notts need any Lowdham Caravans have them very resonably priced. Thought that on a newish motorhome like yours they would be LEDs. Have you thought about fitting the LED type?

Cheers Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks roli & whisky.... seems like they may be the C5W festoon type bulbs which I never gave a thought tbh

I'm finished work early today due to a change in circumstances, so will take a look in a bit... whisky my intention was to replace the bulbs with LED's as I'm trying to get a brighter white as since fitting my daytime running lights all the other lights now look yellow in comparison... just a bit concerned about the canbus bulb error system as it seems these do not like non standard bulbs and you can get the "bulb out warning light" lit on the dash I understand due to the reduced voltage, understand if this happens you can add an adapter of some kind to cancel out the error but have also seen on ebay "Canbus no error" bulbs so might give them a go to play safe and see what happens.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

After another late night run down the M5 last night, I am determined to put a little strip of aluminium foil into the bottom of the lights to stop them from lighting up the front of the dash.

PS...How do I get this forum to change over to real English instead of this American 'aluminum' stuff?

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I tried LEDs on bulldog01's CC and the warning light didnt go out hence reverting back to capless as being more watertight than the festoons
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:47 pm

PennyandDerek wrote:After another late night run down the M5 last night, I am determined to put a little strip of aluminium foil into the bottom of the lights to stop them from lighting up the front of the dash.

Hi Derek... know what you mean about the overcab lights, ours light up the stickers on our windscreen and light up our side mirrors smile! probably be much worse by putting brighter bulbs in but I don't really mind.

PennyandDerek wrote:PS...How do I get this forum to change over to real English instead of this American 'aluminum' stuff?

Presume you mean the spell checking Derek? if so this is down to your browsers built in spell checker and has nothing to do with the forum.

roli wrote:I tried LEDs on bulldog01's CC and the warning light didnt go out hence reverting back to capless as being more watertight than the festoons

I'll get the canbus error free ones roli, slightly more money to buy but should be certain not to get any bulb errors

CC

Male

Back to top Go down