The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement LED Lights on Nuevo

+2
roli
Tincataylor
6 posters

Go down

Replacement LED Lights on Nuevo Empty Replacement LED Lights on Nuevo

Post by Tincataylor Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi,

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but has anybody replaced the "standard" light bulbs with LED's on a 2007 Nuevo and can pass on their experience of where they got the replacements and the ease of fitting.   up! 

We have just done out first multi night away trip without hook up and I was surprised at how quickly the lights drained the 120aH battery which is brand new.  scratch head 

The Tinca's   best_friends
Tincataylor
Tincataylor

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK 2 Berth

Back to top Go down

Replacement LED Lights on Nuevo Empty Re: Replacement LED Lights on Nuevo

Post by roli Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 pm

If your thinking internal lights a lot of people on here have done it including nuevos and lancashire vans. You should find postings of different ways it has been done.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Sat May 31, 2014 7:48 pm

There is a very extensive thread here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It started out a while ago and the types of LEDs available became better as time went on- so start reading from the end, rather than the beginning!
I converted all the lights in our Topaz from sources on e-bay, dead easy, dirt cheap  and the current-draw is minimal even with all the lights on (which we never need).

One thing to be aware of is that white LEDs come in several colours- warm white is less harsh on the eye than the "colder" versions.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Aethelric Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 am

I made a record of my Nuevo battery experience [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It may be of interest.
Aethelric
Aethelric

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi,
    I've changed all the lights in our Nuevo ( except side strips lights,we never use). Its made a vast difference on battery drain. Now with all four reading lights on, and the three roof lights on, I only get one bar drain on the panel. Before changing it used to be up to four bars.
The reading lights were direct replacement bulbs off E-bay, the roof lights were a bit more involved. Bought LED light units from a stall at the Great Dorset Steam Show last year, so don't know what make they are. I removed all the fluorescent workings from the light base, cut the base to accept the new fitting, attached new light and connected up. Now we have original looking lights, which are more efficient. Could take photos if you want to see what they look like. (well, the same, but different!) 
                                                                  Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Aethelric Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:20 pm

If you have the PDU4M control unit you will also save a lot of power by switching of the system at the control panel when you are not using any lights or water.
I think most folk will arrive on a site and switch on the power and the water switch on the control unit on arrival and leave them on in case they want to run a tap or switch on a light.  The PDU takes 0.75A which will take the battery dangerously low in 3 days without turning on a light or running a tap. L
Aethelric
Aethelric

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Whilst on LED replacements, has anyone changed their awning bulb( or light?) to LED
 on a 2011 Devon or equivalent?. It is rectangular in shape, not oval as some are.

Also( and it makes me feel stupid!) it seems we do not have a dedicated awning light switch??? It comes on when the Aux  is pressed. We are miffed!

David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Think its a different lamp but I replaced the bulb with an LED via a bayonet fit adaptor ( have a look at Leisurepowers web site)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down