The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Benz Sprinter ATF change

Go down

Mercedes Benz Sprinter ATF change Empty Mercedes Benz Sprinter ATF change

Post by gassygassy Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:36 pm

If anyone is interested to know how to change the ATF on a Sprinter - as in the Bourton (? and other A/S ?) I will do a post on how to do it and for the first time in your life you can earn £377 in two hours. Legally. Or one hour if you go at it confidently.
I'll put it in the technical section, because - ooh it's difficult - you need two sizes of Torque sockets, a lever, an old flexi hose from your A/S washroom that was leaking before it left the factory, a garden sprayer - you know, the plastic container with a pump, a hose and nozzle for spraying weeds - 5 itres of fluid, a gasket and filter from your unfriendly local MB commercial dealership. They don't even give you a free coffee but will charge you £480 for £103 worth of parts (retail) plus an hour's labour. I bet they can do it in 30 mins.
Except that the £103 includes 10 litres of ATF and you only use 5. So in reality it is £73 worth of parts and materials because you only need 5 litres at £6 / l. and that's the genwhine Merrceeedeez Benzz fluid, you don't need to go to Halfords.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down