The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford fridge not working

3 posters

Go down

Thetford fridge not working Empty Thetford fridge not working

Post by mikeelawson Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:52 pm

Currently on holiday in wales and Thetford fridge on Nuevo not working. Checked levels, tried gas, EHU, motor and none seem to work. Was not level at one time but that us now resolved. Is there a way to reset or anything else I need to do? 

Regards

BOOMEL
mikeelawson
mikeelawson

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Thetford fridge not working Empty Re: Thetford fridge not working

Post by mikeelawson Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:07 pm

The lcd display is working
mikeelawson
mikeelawson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:57 am

If the LCD and interior light are working, it suggests the 12V supply is OK.  If the van is now level it suggests that’s not the problem.  I wonder if the winter vent covers are still on?  When the external grills are removed, can any heat be felt on the cooling fins?  If not, how sure are you that you have followed the LCD operating instructions properly?  Is the fridge’s gas tap open and how long was the van connected to an EHU?  Have any error messages appeared on the LCD?  These are all obvious things that I expect you have checked but I can’t think of anything else.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeelawson Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:33 am

Caraman wrote:If the LCD and interior light are working, it suggests the 12V supply is OK.  If the van is now level it suggests that’s not the problem.  I wonder if the winter vent covers are still on?  When the external grills are removed, can any heat be felt on the cooling fins?  If not, how sure are you that you have followed the LCD operating instructions properly?  Is the fridge’s gas tap open and how long was the van connected to an EHU?  Have any error messages appeared on the LCD?  These are all obvious things that I expect you have checked but I can’t think of anything else.
All checked, winter vents off, no heat felt, tried all sources and fridge still not working.

Regards

BOOMEL
mikeelawson
mikeelawson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeelawson Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:04 am

This is just over a year old, looking at the small print, I am not sure if it is cover3d under warranty? Only had it about 2 months!

BOOMEL
mikeelawson
mikeelawson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:18 am

As the small print says, as a third party supplied item, the fridge is guaranteed under the manufacturer warranty, and for Thetford this is 3 years. But there is a labour cost of course. Auto-Sleepers/Marquis are providing the labour to fix mine. If you bought it from a dealer, I’d try there first. Or contact Auto-Sleepers for advice.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeelawson Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:12 am

Update, the fridge is now working after 48 hours. I suspect being on previous slope was the issue and a two hour drive / time has cleared the problem. Gone from 20 to 0 now so have turned it dow,

Regards

BOOMEL
mikeelawson
mikeelawson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:05 am

mikeelawson wrote:Update, the fridge is now working after 48 hours. I suspect being on previous slope was the issue and a two hour drive / time has cleared the problem. Gone from 20 to 0 now so have turned it dow,

Regards

BOOMEL
Good to hear and remember if we ever have this problem.  With our motorhome and before that caravans we have always been very fussy about levelling the van so haven’t encountered this before.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down