The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton hab door

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bourton hab door  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bourton hab door

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:43 pm

I believe this drawer on later models have been changed to a flap down?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:29 pm

surprise, and what I said when I discovered that with the hab door closed you can't open the cutlery drawer! Words were said. Like "Oh, Golly gosh, look at this dear"

I also have a 2019 Burton. When my MoHo was in at Willersley for the repair of a body crack, I asked the service manager to change the drawer arrangement to the 2021 spec. This involves removing the drawer internals and installing a drop down front, converting the drawer into a small cupboard.  This drop down drawer front does not collide with the habitation door handle and solves the issue completely. No need to think about mods to the door!
 The cutlery tray is then relocated to the second drawer down, which is a more convenient place for it. AS made this a standard set up on the 2021 onward vehicles.
As did this for me free of charge whilst the crack in my Bourton's bodywork was repaired.

The MB base vehicle does not come with a habitation area alarm as standard. I have not had one fitted as I think it's unnecessary.  The only inconvenience I have is that the habitation door Does not lock with the remote, there is a known fault that AS have been unable to resolve with MB, so I live with it and always lock the habitation door with the key. This also ensures that I cannot get locked out of the vehicle by the MB 15 second relock safety feature.
Regarding the vehicle key fobs, there is a removable mechanical key enclosed in the fob. 

Use this key when you want to lock the vehicle without alarming it, eg: on the cross channel ferry . On the passenger cab door, push down the lock button on the bottom edge of the door, then exit through the driver's door and lock it with the mechanical key. This will prevent the vehicle alarm going off due to motion of the ferry boat.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:22 am

Boggie wrote:surprise, and what I said when I discovered that with the hab door closed you can't open the cutlery drawer! Words were said. Like "Oh, Golly gosh, look at this dear"

I also have a 2019 Burton. When my MoHo was in at Willersley for the repair of a body crack, I asked the service manager to change the drawer arrangement to the 2021 spec. This involves removing the drawer internals and installing a drop down front, converting the drawer into a small cupboard.  This drop down drawer front does not collide with the habitation door handle and solves the issue completely. No need to think about mods to the door!
 The cutlery tray is then relocated to the second drawer down, which is a more convenient place for it. AS made this a standard set up on the 2021 onward vehicles.
As did this for me free of charge whilst the crack in my Bourton's bodywork was repaired.

For those who can't live with the cutlery drawer fouling the hab door handle, the A-S mod sounds best and should be relatively easy to do.  It may also increase the overall storage space in the kitchen area.  Turning the hab door handle around or fitting a different handle as gassygassy has suggested should only be considered IMO if the door has to be opened up to repair it as in my case.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:07 pm

That's very interesting Caraman. However, I am now on my first proper holiday in my Bourton and have actual problems to resolve. Last evening I had to disembowel the stupid unnecessary touch screen panel in order to rip out the intermittently screeching piezo sounder which was threatening me with having to sleep in hotels. It was telling me that the engine battery was below 10.5V which was utter rubbish, as we had driven 50 miles that day and moreover another screen if you touched the right buttons said that the engine battery is actually 12.8V. So why can't the designers of the computer take the real value and compare it with 10.8v?
Anyway now we just have intermittent central locking / unlocking that operates itself whenever it feels like it, accompanied by the inside door light coming on and the awning light. As they only light, and unlight, and don't scream I can put up with that, until I change it all for something else.
When I get back I will investigate the possibility of ripping out the Sargent rubbish and replacing it with some sensible stuff.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2