The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis

3 posters

Go down

Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis Empty Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis

Post by tofumuncaie Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi, Already today from info garnered in the forum we've established that the monocoques are just a tad too small for our requirements, we've a couple of deerhounds who like to get wet so we need a bed they can't reach. Anyhoo on researching one of the alternatives suggested by that helpful moderator chap roli... the Ravenna, we can see it certainly is available within budget. So being complete motorhome novices we wondered if anyone had a particularly strong opinion on whether to go Peugeot or Ford?
tofumuncaie
tofumuncaie

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis Empty transit

Post by stephenday Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 pm

i got ravenna on transit no problems build quality very good parts easy to get tried and tested transit hope helps
stephenday
stephenday

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ravenna

Back to top Go down

Post by tofumuncaie Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 am

Thanks Stephen, I've been having a rummage around the forums & hadn't picked up on any particular issues, so I thought I'd ask. A mate had an old tranny van back in the 80's/90's that he drove up & down the country between here & London repeatedly without issues so I'm kinda inclined toward them too, but it really just depends what comes available within the budget to be honest.
tofumuncaie
tofumuncaie

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis Empty Re: Ravenna on Ford or Peugeot chassis

Post by roli Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 am

Of the two I prefer the Transit, nicer to drive,parts easier to obtain, chepaer than Pugeot parts better engine.

We did have a Boxer before this and it was ok (2.5td engine) but not as responsive as the transit unit

If you go for a Boxer make sure it has the 2.5TD engine, the others were too small for that van and I think (but will stand correction) the Ravenna had been discontinued by the time the 2.8td was introduced but if you found one with 2.8 engine that would be an even better choice
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenday Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 pm

ive got ravenna on transit mine 125 2.5 goes like rocket up and down hill wiill cruise 70 all day long really gd trucks
stephenday
stephenday

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ravenna

Back to top Go down