The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insurance quote - tracker model?

+2
Tinwheeler
flambo
6 posters

Go down

insurance quote - tracker model? Empty insurance quote - tracker model?

Post by flambo Tue May 23, 2023 2:07 pm

I am trying to get an insurance quote for a 2023 Bourton which we are collecting in a couple of weeks and insurance companies websites want to know what tracker is fitted. The spec says it is a Sargent AS monitor S7 .... however, there are no Sargent trackers listed in the drop down boxes on the websites! Has anyone any idea what the factory fitted tracker option is for this van and if so can they post t he name I should look for in the insurer's list?

Thank you!
flambo
flambo

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

insurance quote - tracker model? Empty Re: insurance quote - tracker model?

Post by Tinwheeler Tue May 23, 2023 2:12 pm

Have you asked your supplying dealer to find out for you?

While you're waiting for responses here, it would be nice if you introduced yourself to us. up!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

rgermain and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 23, 2023 2:32 pm

I think you'll find it's same as Swift Command if that's listed.
This is the certificate you should receive.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 pm

flambo wrote:I am trying to get an insurance quote for a 2023 Bourton which we are collecting in a couple of weeks and insurance companies websites want to know what tracker is fitted. The spec says it is a Sargent AS monitor S7 .... however, there are no Sargent trackers listed in the drop down boxes on the websites! Has anyone any idea what the factory fitted tracker option is for this van and if so can they post t he name I should look for in the insurer's list?

Thank you!
I'm looking at different insurance policies at the moment.  I did find one insurance site that listed the Sargent tracker but most don't including the CAMC's very long list of trackers.  I have previously raised this with the CAMC but nothing has been done about it.  It's all a bit hit and miss with these insurance companies.  On some you just have to tick the box to say you have a tracker which could be cheap thing from Aldi, the basic AS Monitor locate or Sargent's subscription service.  As has been said, the Sargent subscription service is common to Swift and probably Auto-Trail who also use the EC700.  What all the insurance sites should ask is does the motorhome have a Thatcham approved tracker and/or alarm and if so what classification and leave it at that.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu May 25, 2023 9:29 pm

I see Flambo hasn't responded after I gave him the info he needed , nor has he posted intro .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Nue Mon May 29, 2023 11:32 pm

When trying to insure my 2017 Nuevo I found that with no tracker the cost was ridiculous, however, I then came across Grove & Dean, they solved the problem by sending me free of charge, yes that's right, free of charge, a tracker complete with the facility to go online for the activation.
The whole job took less than 30 minutes.
Grove & Dean also beat the closest quote.
Nue
Nue
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by flambo Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:58 pm

Thanks for your replies!
I didn't respond before because I had nothing new to say - I'd already asked the dealer and got nowhere, I am still (!) waiting for responses direct from Autosleepers/Sargent and the suggested EC700 and Swift Command were both absent from the ridiculously long drop down lists I had already been fighting!
However I have now arranged insurance via the NFU via numerous emails exchanged with a real person! Their quote was around £1000 cheaper than those offered by the two Motorhome and Camping clubs!!
flambo
flambo

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:39 pm

I have learnt that anything with SES in the title is Sargent - SES standing for Sargent Electrical Systems.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:22 pm

Almost anything of ours that we can get NFU to underwrite is insured with them. They are excellent.  However they too are making noises about going to a digital portal. We have enjoyed a very good personal relationship to date with their St. Austell office.

I have informed NFU of my mechanical security measures for the van, also the fact that I do not intend to subscribe to a tracker, and they are happy. I will however be fitting a non-subscription device, probably a dementia tracker (so that I can remember where I left the van broomstick)
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

Angleseygirl likes this post

Back to top Go down